Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

New to Forum/ Immobilizer Malfunction

10K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  David 
#1 · (Edited)
I have a 2015 Fiesta St with 54K miles on it that I really enjoy driving. Now my 15 year old son is learning to drive a standard shift on it and he loves it too. I've had it 3 years and it has required nothing but regular maintenance.
Today, I have an display that said " immobilizer malfunction" and the car would not start for a couple of minutes. I got it home and now it will not start at all, I get the immobilizer malfunction warning and no key detected warning. I have a new battery in the car and new batteries in both fobs. I unhooked the battery, and after reconnecting, still get warnings and car will not start. Any suggestions?

#2 ·
I let the car sit all night, and tried to start today. Not starting. I still get the immobilizer malfunction warning, and now get a "steering fault" warning with "service now". I had a tear in the right front boot and had the axle replaced recently. I haven't yet been able to talk to the mechanic who repaired that. Is it possible something was damaged or not reset during that repair?

#4 ·
I have a 2015 Fiesta St with 54K miles on it that I really enjoy driving. Now my 15 year old son is learning to drive a standard shift on it and he loves it too. I've had it 3 years and it has required nothing but regular maintenance.
Today, I have an display that said " immobilizer malfunction" and the car would not start for a couple of minutes. I got it home and now it will not start at all, I get the immobilizer malfunction warning and no key detected warning. I have a new battery in the car and new batteries in both fobs. I unhooked the battery, and after reconnecting, still get warnings and car will not start. Any suggestions?
Had similar problem, called out roadside assist. He locked & unlocked car using key fob and that cleared the code & it started ok. No problem since.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.