Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone gave any thought into spraying their car with a little giggle-gas? I think a 40 hit would wake the car up pretty well, and coupled with the already good torque curve, it should really be a stump puller!! Looking for feedback, and maybe input from Cobb.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Never been a fan of meth injection, too many horror stories of the pumps failing, even on some of the more quality kits. E85 would be an option I'd like to explore, but I doubt the stock fuel pump has the duty cycle left in it for the switch, that and there are no injectors I know of for this car yet. Even with E85 though, testing constantly gets to be a pita!

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Never been a fan of meth injection, too many horror stories of the pumps failing, even on some of the more quality kits. E85 would be an option I'd like to explore, but I doubt the stock fuel pump has the duty cycle left in it for the switch, that and there are no injectors I know of for this car yet. Even with E85 though, testing constantly gets to be a pita!
With direct injection, there is no need to swap injectors. The ms6/ms3 are direct injected, upgrade your fuel pump internals and get a tune and your good for E85.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
With direct injection, there is no need to swap injectors. The ms6/ms3 are direct injected, upgrade your fuel pump internals and get a tune and your good for E85.
Really? Im new to DI, thats pretty sweet! Wonder if a boost-a pump would be sufficient for the corn?

·
Vendor
418 Posts
We typically aren't fans of nitrous or meth injection. But, we know tons of guys that run it successfully and tune for it, so it's an option for those that want to try once the custom tuning software is out!

Ian

·
Banned
12 Posts
I'll prob end up with a 40-50-60shot on mine. My SRT4 lived a good life on 100shot and 24.5psi as long as it had race gas :)

·
Registered
488 Posts
breaking bad taught me that meth is bad :rolleyes:

·
Banned
12 Posts
Bent rods from hydra-locking taught me that meth is bad. (Bad check valve).

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think a 40 hit on this car would be perfect and still live a long life, along with some diesel-like torque #'s lol.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I think a 40 hit on this car would be perfect and still live a long life, along with some diesel-like torque #'s lol.
I know I am digging up an old thread but I am researching this right now. If you or anyone already pursues this let me know. It would be nice to share some knowledge when we start getting some guinea pigs. I plan to do atleast 60 right now. I am getting all the ins and outs sorted as far as complete parts list with price to make sure I can afford it at this time.

To the people talking about meth, nitrous seems safer in my opinion. If you do the research its almost a no brainer to go with nitrous instead of meth.
E85 is not an option for everyone.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've been running a 50 shot dry for 2 weeks now and I'm impressed with the outcome... all I've had to do is go into accesstune and add just a tiny bit of fuel... 0 knock 0 timing adjust.. I'm actually gonna bump up too a 60 or 75 shot this week...

·
Registered
10 Posts
And I've used meth injection also.... no power gain. Just caused the car to run super rich.... and you'll need a shut off solinoid cause you will get gravity feed due to no where to mount the tank other than the hatch..

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi there. I am super interested to hear what you have for your setup. Please provide pictures and tell em what kit(s) you used to achieve this setup.

I am in process of getting a custom gauge pod made for my A pillar to support 3 gauges. I have boost, most likely exhaust temps, and nitrous pressure.
From there I was thinking that the boomba racing intake manifold spacer would be a great place to place the injector.

I was going to have 2 switches in the car for the nitrous. 1 master power switch and then a push button to actively use it.

Tell me everything!
have you needed to modify stock internals? IE: drill into the intake, forged internals to compensate for the increased power, better turbo turbine from Pumaspeed, etc.

I will be really grateful for a response man.

I'm trying to get this fiesta to at least 400 HP if not 500HP by the time I'm done with my schooling. Probably not gonna happen, but at least I got a plan and I'm sticking to it for now.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yeah bud I'll get some pics up shortly. The mobile app refuses to let me upload any.... but any how, I went with a normal NOS dry kit with a 75 shot. ...... .041 jet. I'm running the 2 switch setup also. The activation swith mounted where the ignition key would go, just a normal ole black toggle, and a full throttle switch. The motor is all stock minus normal bolt ons. I recently installed the gtx2860r and in the process of tuning for it then im gonna move down to a 50 shot... I'm hoping for decent power after its all said and done. But as soon as I get a min I'll get on the laptop and upload some pics

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yeah bud I'll get some pics up shortly. The mobile app refuses to let me upload any.... but any how, I went with a normal NOS dry kit with a 75 shot. ...... .041 jet. I'm running the 2 switch setup also. The activation swith mounted where the ignition key would go, just a normal ole black toggle, and a full throttle switch. The motor is all stock minus normal bolt ons. I recently installed the gtx2860r and in the process of tuning for it then im gonna move down to a 50 shot... I'm hoping for decent power after its all said and done. But as soon as I get a min I'll get on the laptop and upload some pics
So, any news or updates on this? I'm eager to know more and would highly appreciate an update.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts