Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody seen a FiST in stock with all the options except navigation? Seems like all the ones in "extended inventory' (no STs in any of the close dealer inventory) that have the Recaro package (and usually the grey wheels) have nav.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, I did some more searching tonight. Used the Cary, NC zipcode, and found one with Recaros and without Nav. Problem with the Ford search function is that I can't determine where it actually is. I've got it loosely narrowed down to between Raleigh and Wilmington.

·
Registered
269 Posts
The Ford web search seems pretty limited. I think you'd be better off going to your local dealer and letting them search for you.

I think finding a decked out car without nav in dealer inventory is tough. Most people willing to spend for the rest of the options will be willing to step up for the $800 nav, which is pretty cheap.

My local dealer found my car as I wanted it (Blue, Recaro, No Nav, No Sunroof) and when the car showed up it had nav. They tossed it in at no charge, but just offering my experience up as a data point.

Worst case you can order exactly what you want, right?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The Ford web search seems pretty limited. I think you'd be better off going to your local dealer and letting them search for you.

I think finding a decked out car without nav in dealer inventory is tough. Most people willing to spend for the rest of the options will be willing to step up for the $800 nav, which is pretty cheap.

My local dealer found my car as I wanted it (Blue, Recaro, No Nav, No Sunroof) and when the car showed up it had nav. They tossed it in at no charge, but just offering my experience up as a data point.

Worst case you can order exactly what you want, right?
Actually, I've found a fair number of loaded FiSTs, meaning Recaro+wheels+sunroof+Nav. Truth is, I'd go without the sunroof (as the position is farther back than I'd like), but I won't go with the nav. I have a nice Garmin unit with lifetime maps already. I don't want to be beholden to Ford for map upgrades, among other reasons.

You're right, I can order. That's what I did with the MINI, but in 2008 that was the only way to get one. But with as few choices as you get on this car, the odds are pretty good there's one out there. Besides, not ordering gives me time to come to my senses...

·
Registered
269 Posts
Actually, I've found a fair number of loaded FiSTs, meaning Recaro+wheels+sunroof+Nav. Truth is, I'd go without the sunroof (as the position is farther back than I'd like), but I won't go with the nav. I have a nice Garmin unit with lifetime maps already. I don't want to be beholden to Ford for map upgrades, among other reasons.

You're right, I can order. That's what I did with the MINI, but in 2008 that was the only way to get one. But with as few choices as you get on this car, the odds are pretty good there's one out there. Besides, not ordering gives me time to come to my senses...
Why not just take the nav-equipped car and not use the nav and use your garmin? If you're going to eventually sell the car then you don't totally lose by having the nav since it will help resale.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Been away for a bit. To answer your earlier question OP, I got mine off the lot. When I went to test drive, the dealer I was working with had 3 between its 5 dealerships. Two Orange and one White. I test drove the fully loaded Orange and we could not agree on a price. They brought the Orange with no Nav in the next day and made me a great deal. I would have done the white car as well, but it had a useless smoker package.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Still can't find anything close without nav. Well, to be honest, there don't appear to be any STs in metro Charlotte. One in Asheville, one in Hickory (I think), both with nav. Saving me from myself...

·
Registered
230 Posts
i got mine in a dealer swap with everything but nav, Theyre out there don't worry it will come along

·
Registered
1,150 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
I just placed my order for a tuxedo black, no nav, no sunroof. (I also originally didnt want recaros but I got them since I am a sucker for heated seats) Dealer couldnt find any without those options explicitly.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Nav and Recaro cost is a really high percentage of the sale. I may have bought an ST without the extras if available on the lot. I have a Galaxy Note 2 phone for gods sake, how do I justify Nav. There were only 2-STs in the Charlotte NC area when I was looking to test drive, and they weren't allowing drives unless you brought the conversation through the financials. Now I have a fully loaded ST and appreciate what I got...and I know many people are still waiting for their orders to show up. BTW, I started my ST journey on he Ford site trying to find an inventory car. It was 3-months before a dealer called that had access to a car to show...and they sited the "you can't drive it" policy. Think the dealership knows it is in limited production and shouldn't create a used car from test drives.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts