Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For people with short arms and deep pockets or those who are flat out broke...
No FiST muffler delete vids yet but theres this FoST resonator vs muffler delete vid which will give an idea of what it will sound like.

I may be the first to do one of these mods and upload a vid this week before I jump on a decided catback in the future.

·
Registered
104 Posts
They both sound decent, and would not wake the neighbors. Of course, all turbo cars are more quieter than N/A cars to begin with, as the turbo takes away some of the raw volume.

What I might suggest though, is remove the rear muffler, and keep the resonator. Reason being, the loud harmonic droning from inside the car. That is the job of the resonator.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They both sound decent, and would not wake the neighbors. Of course, all turbo cars are more quieter than N/A cars to begin with, as the turbo takes away some of the raw volume.

What I might suggest though, is remove the rear muffler, and keep the resonator. Reason being, the loud harmonic droning from inside the car. That is the job of the resonator.
Yeah...was thinking the same thing about the drone without the res but then again Millteks non res catback produces no drone from what ive read, why do you think that is?

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
[h=1]2013 Ford Focus ST - Resonator Delete + Buschur Filter (Interior Sound) [/h]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnUCqPz9YdI

·
Registered
77 Posts
I went to my excellent muffler shop to buy a catback system. The owner strongly discouraged me from spending all that money when a rear muffler delete might suit. I went with this. For $200 he took off the rear muffler, welded in a pipe and finished it off with a robust chrome double stinger. It looks and sounds great! During steady state driving, the sound is essentially unchanged from stock. At 70 mph on the highway with the windows closed I noticed no particular difference. Accelerating and decelerating is louder than stock, but not obnoxiously so. I don't believe it is a cop-magnet at all. As to the tone, I think it sounds like the symposer (with stock exhaust), but louder and outside. I am very, very pleased.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I don't believe sound clips have much value. I have listened to muffler-delete sound clips on youtube and they don't really give a true sense of what it actually sounds like. That's why I tried to describe the tone. Again, it sounds like the symposer sound, but outside and louder. If a person were contemplating a catback system anyway, there is nothing to lose by first trying the muffler-delete. And, of course, the stock muffler could be reinstalled if a person doesn't like the sound.

Now, I could record my car, but I'm pretty sure the recording would sound just about exactly like the existing youtube clips.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Like this - I really dig this exhaust - need to order it.

I like that too, but people on here have said that that system is REALLY LOUD. That's why I kept the stock resonator in place. Maybe the MRT system uses larger pipe and might provide a performance boost. I don't know. I do know that the muffler-delete is inexpensive and probably won't get me pulled over.

·
Registered
266 Posts
The MR system is so loud and I don't personally like the sound. I like the sound of the first FoST in the video.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I know I'm kinda bringing this thread back from the dead, but here is my resonator delete. It sounds great. No drone and not too loud. Nice burble, too.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts