Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just stating an observation I have noticed with my car in regards to oil and coolant temperatures in two different driving scenarios.

Around town and generally under 55mph.

OIL: 180F Coolant. 197F

Cruising on the highway after 20 minutes sustained 70mph:

OIL: 202F Coolant: 185F

Ambient air temperature does not seem to mater much; so far this year range of 65F through 85F

I know we have a pretty neat and sophisticated cooling system with 4 phases of coolant routing. This is the fastest warming up car I have ever driven. I hope this continues to be the case when winter rolls around. South of Chicago, it can get to 10F and colder for a few weeks at a time. Then again, my previous ride was a car designed in the early 90's. 2001 Acura Integra GS-R. It got just warm enough in the cabin about when you where 5 minutes from your destination.

·
Registered
545 Posts
It does warm up just as quick in the winter in my experience. I picked up my car in December last year and it was always blowing lukewarm within 2-3 minutes of start-up, and blowing hot within a few miles. This car does heat up QUICK. Which is good, it just means I can get on the gas hard in short order :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts