1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
411 Posts
Here in the wonderland that is Wisconsin good gas is hard too find sometimes so is it ok to run the 93 tune with 10% ethanol mixed in or should I drop the tune back to the 91 octane tune ? thanks :confused:
Hi Rod, your main concern with a turbo charged engine and different octane rated fuels is Detonation. Detonation can cause serious engine damage and it can take place in seconds. The fact that the Fiesta can run on a wide range of different octane fuels points to the ECU being able to vary the ignition timing and boost pressure over a wide range. Running your vehicle on 93 E10 is very unlikely to increases the risk of detonation because adding ethanol to gasoline boosts the octane rating depending on the ratio. If you do a bit of google searching I'm sure you can find info on the pros and cons of using ethanol based fuels. See link. Automaker Group Says E15 Ethanol Damages Cars, EPA Approval Was Rushed

·
Vendor
418 Posts
All of our testing is done on E10 93 octane fuel. In fact, there is typically a power benefit to running E10 93 over pure gas 93. If your car isn't sitting for long periods of time, there shouldn't be any negative side effects to ethanol in a modern car.

Ian

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
22 Posts
E10 93 is all I ever see nowadays. Can't remember the last time I pulled up to a pump that was completely ethanol free.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts