Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So another member here posted a thread about desirable parts to be made, but I thought I would create a thread of my own to give you guys a direct line to us here at Levels. Tell us what you guys want! On top of what we already have planned for the Fiesta, I want to know what your opinions and ideas are. You are the end user, so I feel like the process should start by finding out what exactly it is that everyone wants to see us release.

Here's what we already working on:

- Catless downpipe
- Intercooler kit with and without charge pipes
- Intake
- Exhaust
- Intake manifold
- Exhaust manifold
- Rear seat delete
- Brake ducting through fog light bezels
- A couple secret items :)

·
Registered
923 Posts
Boom: intake, exhaust (with 2-3 different options, such as cat back, high flow cat or DP), intercooler (check), I like yours best so far out of everyone's offerings, wheels, short shift kits, Cobb APs (with some custom tunes you can sell to customers), some kind of spring set or affordable coil over option. That's about as far as I think I can get away with since I am leasing the ST and it will have to go back to stock in 38 months. heh ;)

Reactions: LP

·
Registered
488 Posts
So another member here posted a thread about desirable parts to be made, but I thought I would create a thread of my own to give you guys a direct line to us here at Levels. Tell us what you guys want! On top of what we already have planned for the Fiesta, I want to know what your opinions and ideas are. You are the end user, so I feel like the process should start by finding out what exactly it is that everyone wants to see us release.

Here's what we already working on:

- Catless downpipe
- Intercooler kit with and without charge pipes
- Intake
- Exhaust
- Intake manifold
- Exhaust manifold
- Rear seat delete
- Brake ducting through fog light bezels
- A couple secret items :)

·
Registered
269 Posts
I want...

Stainless Steel Brake Lines
Big Brake Kit (at least for the front) that doesn't mess up brake bias and makes pad swaps easier
2-piece Brake Rotors (NOT drilled please)

Love the idea of the brake ducts to replace the fog lights or integrated into the fog light bezels. That area of the car looks a little cheap and could stand some smarting-up.

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I want...

Stainless Steel Brake Lines
Big Brake Kit (at least for the front) that doesn't mess up brake bias and makes pad swaps easier
2-piece Brake Rotors (NOT drilled please)

Love the idea of the brake ducts to replace the fog lights or integrated into the fog light bezels. That area of the car looks a little cheap and could stand some smarting-up.

Yes I'm currently going between the two designs (replacing the fogs and keeping them)

When it comes to direct bolt on, using the fog light holes is the way to go since you dont need to cut anything.

·
Registered
773 Posts
I am curious what can be done with a Garrett GTX2876R. Also what about a bolt in roll cage or an option for adding harnesses?

·
Registered
269 Posts
Yes I'm currently going between the two designs (replacing the fogs and keeping them)

When it comes to direct bolt on, using the fog light holes is the way to go since you dont need to cut anything.
If it can be done cleanly I'd prefer to keep the fogs as well. I think the bigger part of this will be making a proper backing plate for the rotors.

·
Registered
488 Posts
definitely interested in a lightweight battery kit

·
Registered
2,235 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
May call the ICE NINE GROUP and see if they are going to sell their CF hoods anytime soon .. just a weight saving thought ..
Let us know what they say. Do you have a picture of this? Gawd, before we know it we will have spent enough money to have bought a Boxter S!!!. LOL

Reactions: airjor13

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
http://iceninegroup.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/img_8887_8_9_tonemapped.jpg

Try that link as the file is a tad to large to load properly or I'm doing something wrong ... It is the hood off their SEMA car last i heard(late Nov 2013) from them is they are making a Street and a Race version. Race Version weighing in around 5 lbs though the stock hood is only about 25 lbs if i recall. They have been busy with other things so i was going to wait till the new year to ask again.. We are trying to work with them on a different board but have not heard anything firm as of yet.. Here is their website IceNine Group

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
269 Posts
May call the ICE NINE GROUP and see if they are going to sell their CF hoods anytime soon .. just a weight saving thought ..
Carbon hoods are very minimal weight savings. You're money is better spent on just about any other weight savings item before a hood.

A battery would be pretty easy except if it's your daily and it gets cold the lower cranking amp batteries may leave you jumping the car from time to time. I ran a lightweight Braille in my track car but it's not a great daily driver option.

The only things this car needs for track duty (and really even this is more a "need" than a need) is brake pads, rotors, lines, and fluid.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Carbon hoods are very minimal weight savings. You're money is better spent on just about any other weight savings item before a hood.
Depends. Typically what people would consider a carbon hood would likely save you a few pounds but not much at all. If you get a motorsports dry carbon hood and rear hatch you could save a TON of weight. Well...not literally. I would guess 40-50lbs though. Dry carbon costs 2-3 times what a typical carbon hood would cost due to the manufacturing process.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Depends. Typically what people would consider a carbon hood would likely save you a few pounds but not much at all. If you get a motorsports dry carbon hood and rear hatch you could save a TON of weight. Well...not literally. I would guess 40-50lbs though. Dry carbon costs 2-3 times what a typical carbon hood would cost due to the manufacturing process.
I disagree that in an apples to apples comparison you'll see that kind of savings. With the hood you've got a flat plate and unless you're using carbon with nomex core you aren't going to see a lot of benefit because to get enough stiffness you're going to use a lot of carbon.

The trunk skin made from carbon you would save some weight because you'd get stiffness from the curvature and not need core. But the weight of the trunk comes mostly from the glass, latches, hinges, trim, etc. Ditching yang would yield most of the savings you'd ever see from a carbon trunk.

Dry carbon (aka pre-preg) will be lighter so you don't overuse resin but even pre-preg parts aren't going to yield a huge savings. Or at least I just don't see it. There was a great thread on an M3 board a while back doing $/lb and the hood and trunk were a terrible value and offered very little savings (and those are bigger panels).

Heres the thread. I know it's not the same car but it's a nice reference to see what savings range various parts save.
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135122

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts