Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
mobil 1 and factory filter, im sure they will have a ford racing version at some point. mobil 1 is factory fill in porsche, vette and alot of performance cars. ive used it since it came out.

·
Registered
62 Posts
And Mobil 1 is only around $25 a jug at Walmart :-D

Sent from my Note 2 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
923 Posts
I'll use a pricey K&N oil filter and Pennzoil 5w-20 Ultra synthetic... if I change my own oil. From what I hear it should be easy. My last car was a bit of a PITA. lol

·
Registered
340 Posts
they are also selling the wrong tranny fluid, it should be ford full syn dual clutch fluid. i really dont trust about 90% of these company's selling stuff. cai's that dont do anything but make noise, tunes that were done on a dyno in one afternoon, some kid with a welder putting together a droning exhaust. buy from ford, check your part numbers. i cant wait for ford racing to bring some parts out.

·
Registered
269 Posts
they are also selling the wrong tranny fluid, it should be ford full syn dual clutch fluid. i really dont trust about 90% of these company's selling stuff. cai's that dont do anything but make noise, tunes that were done on a dyno in one afternoon, some kid with a welder putting together a droning exhaust. buy from ford, check your part numbers. i cant wait for ford racing to bring some parts out.
Interesting on the transmission fluid. Thanks for making me go back and double check.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I usually use Liqui Moly or Motul 300v....did royal purple just for break in sake b/c it was cheap and easily available. Mobil 1 is pretty crappy oil as far as synthetics go...i won't use it anymore. As far as a filter, I generally stay as far away as I can from Fram. For the break in i just used a for oem motorcraft filter. Later i'll use something like a K&N filter.

·
Registered
923 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
I usually use Liqui Moly or Motul 300v....did royal purple just for break in sake b/c it was cheap and easily available. Mobil 1 is pretty crappy oil as far as synthetics go...i won't use it anymore. As far as a filter, I generally stay as far away as I can from Fram. For the break in i just used a for oem motorcraft filter. Later i'll use something like a K&N filter.
Mobil 1 synthetic used to be very good when it was 100% synthetic. And that goes for most other full syns. Today (because of new federal guidelines pertaining to the manufacturing process), most motor oil that is labeled "full synthetic" comes from mineral oil based "stock" which has been processed over and over again. A real synthetic oil (such as Amsoil for instance) is 100% man made and contains no mineral oil as a base. But even Amsoil has had a few issues over the years, so I personally don't use it. Mobil 1 is probably fine if you change your oil often, just don't attempt to extend your drain intervals. I prefer Pennzoil Platinum or Ultra, only because I know the additive package, have tested the molecular structure of the oil (Platinum) and am privy to some recent testing (not the stupid API or other tests, but independent "crash" tests where you do whatever it takes to destroy a motor). I also really like Rotella T6, especially for a non catted car. With that said, I would NEVER run Pennzoil non-synthetic in any engine. Funny how that works, huh? LOL :p

·
Registered
120 Posts
I use Mobil1 in mine because it has the specific FORD spec on it that's in my owner manual. That's good enough for me. On my German cars, I use Pentosin, Fuchs and Liqui Moly pretty much exclusively.

·
Registered
923 Posts
I use Mobil1 in mine because it has the specific FORD spec on it that's in my owner manual. That's good enough for me. On my German cars, I use Pentosin, Fuchs and Liqui Moly pretty much exclusively.
Yeah, honestly... oil has come a long way. Most of it, even non synthetic is adequate if you do regular interval changes.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Mobil 1 synthetic used to be very good when it was 100% synthetic. And that goes for most other full syns. Today (because of new federal guidelines pertaining to the manufacturing process), most motor oil that is labeled "full synthetic" comes from mineral oil based "stock" which has been processed over and over again. A real synthetic oil (such as Amsoil for instance) is 100% man made and contains no mineral oil as a base. But even Amsoil has had a few issues over the years, so I personally don't use it. Mobil 1 is probably fine if you change your oil often, just don't attempt to extend your drain intervals. I prefer Pennzoil Platinum or Ultra, only because I know the additive package, have tested the molecular structure of the oil (Platinum) and am privy to some recent testing (not the stupid API or other tests, but independent "crash" tests where you do whatever it takes to destroy a motor). I also really like Rotella T6, especially for a non catted car. With that said, I would NEVER run Pennzoil non-synthetic in any engine. Funny how that works, huh? LOL :p
Any experience or opinions on Redline? Some people absolutely love it and they talk a lot of smack but it is hard to tell if it is actually marketing or real?

·
Registered
923 Posts
Any experience or opinions on Redline? Some people absolutely love it and they talk a lot of smack but it is hard to tell if it is actually marketing or real?
I've never personally used it (or any other ester based synthetic oil) in a four stroke application. It works great in two strokes, although back in the day people couldn't use it for racing because some ingredient they use in it would cause a positive for "lead" during fuel testing which was illegal. I know people who got DQ'd because of that oil. lol. I also think it is way over priced. I find that most oil company rhetoric is hype used to convince people to buy their product (instead of someone else's). Every oil ad says their oil is better than the others in some way. Most of that is B.S.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Purolater PL20195 and Rotella T6, first oil change at 1,500. Its will be 3,000 mile change intervals after this. Had plenty of experience with T6, love that oil!

·
Registered
923 Posts
Purolater PL20195 and Rotella T6, first oil change at 1,500. Its will be 3,000 mile change intervals after this. Had plenty of experience with T6, love that oil!
It's very good oil (one of my favorites) but... not the best for cars with catalytic converters. Since the owners manual calls for 5000 mile intervals, I will be using Pennzoil Ultra.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts