Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cant seem to get my oil life to reset. Anyone else do this? I followed what it says in the manual but nothing happens.

·
Registered
488 Posts
there is an oil life monitor?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Funny thing about this is I was just reading up on this reminder on my 94 jetta glx. It's a variation of holding some buttons down on the clock and reset button on the dash, not sure about this car. Now I'll have to read up on it.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Sorta unrelated, but I was kinda disappointed to see that all the health monitor thing on the car does is set up a service with the dealer.
The health monitor thing does more than just setup an appointment.

Just make sure that you set your preferred dealer in your ford profile and it will stop asking you to enter a zip code when accessing your report. I remember getting frustrated when I was trying to view my VHR on my phone and it kept asking me to locate my dealer. Once I set that up, I could access the report.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
The health monitor thing does more than just setup an appointment.

Just make sure that you set your preferred dealer in your ford profile and it will stop asking you to enter a zip code when accessing your report. I remember getting frustrated when I was trying to view my VHR on my phone and it kept asking me to locate my dealer. Once I set that up, I could access the report.
I'll have to give it a shot

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I tried to reset my oil indicator last night after changing the factory oil at 1104 miles. I could not get the thing to reset by doing the method in the manual. I have an appointment with the dealer next Saturday to get a radio issue fixed, and I'll discuss it with them then.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Please let us know what you find out. After I changed my oil at around 1100 miles I could also not get it to reset.

thanks,
Scooby

·
Registered
64 Posts
Noticed same thing. Doesn't reset. I just assumed the oil life monitor isn't on the ST. IM AT 10k right now and haven't had any oil change warnings

·
Registered
5 Posts
Same thing here. Reset once. Won't reset again. Cobb AP showing 30% oil life left. I even unmarried the AP from the car and tried it with no luck.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I too am having a very tough time resetting the oil life thing after a 1,000mi oil change. Nothing seems to work. The steps in the owner's manual do not work at all. If anyone has been able to successfully reset this thing...PLEASE kindly post your steps. Thank you!

·
Registered
305 Posts
Noticed same thing. Doesn't reset. I just assumed the oil life monitor isn't on the ST. IM AT 10k right now and haven't had any oil change warnings
Same thing here. Reset once. Won't reset again. Cobb AP showing 30% oil life left. I even unmarried the AP from the car and tried it with no luck.
I too am having a very tough time resetting the oil life thing after a 1,000mi oil change. Nothing seems to work. The steps in the owner's manual do not work at all. If anyone has been able to successfully reset this thing...PLEASE kindly post your steps. Thank you!
Hi everyone,

If you're still having trouble with your oil reset, please let me know in a private message with your VIN, mileage, best daytime phone number, full name, and dealer name/location so I can loop in your customer service managers, who'll work with your dealers to help take care of this.

Meagan

·
Registered
55 Posts
I read over on the other forums that you can't reset the counter. The sequence is only to turn off the light once the car decides it's time to change the oil.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi everyone,

If you're still having trouble with your oil reset, please let me know in a private message with your VIN, mileage, best daytime phone number, full name, and dealer name/location so I can loop in your customer service managers, who'll work with your dealers to help take care of this.

Meagan

Hi Meagan,

PM sent.

I am having a problem resetting the oil life indicator on my 2014 Ford Fiesta ST that I took delivery of on 10/18/2013. I recently had the oil changed at 4,300 miles and went to a full synthetic (Mobil 1 5W-20). For some reason I cannot get the oil life reset to save my life.

I took it into a local Ford dealership and they tried for an hour and couldn't get it reset either. They ran a VHR while I was there and it did not reset and the Ford service advisor and tech told me to run a VHR the next day to see if it reset so I did just that and the VHR shows 56 percent of oil life is left and has not reset.

The dealership ordered a new instrument cluster for my 2014 Fiesta ST after consulting with Ford and installed it yesterday. Even after going through all this it still will not reset the oil life. The dealership gave me my car back and they are still in touch with Ford to see what can be done to fix this so that the oil life resets.

My question is this. Does the 2014 Ford Fiesta ST even have the functionality to reset the oil life light. Perhaps the other Fiestas have this functionality, but it was left off of the Fiesta ST for some reason either intentionally or inadvertently?

Another possibility is that you cannot reset the oil life light indicator until it actually comes on. I have read up on this issue on 5 separate Fiesta ST forums and no one seems to know. Ford needs to publish this information so that their dealers and customers know how to reset the oil life if the functionality truly exists for this model.

It is a great little commuter car that is a blast to drive, but this non-functioning oil life reset indicator should function properly.

Thanks.

Gordon Bowar

·
Registered
587 Posts
So the car off and depressing the pedals both to the floor, holding the start button etc does not work? Good to know.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts