Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Hatchback

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Crash

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Crash Collision

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Alloy wheel Hatchback

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Bumper Hatchback

I had the green arrow to make a left turn, and a 2013 Toyota Highlander in the perpendicular lane to my left decided to blow a red light going about 40-45 mph and hit me dead on without applying the brakes. As evidenced by the two impact points on my driver's door and rear door, he didn't even apply the brakes after he hit me. I was pushed sideways about 30-40ft.

I am mostly annoyed, because this was one of the first Fiesta ST's built in October 2013, and I was one of the first ones in my area to have one.

It will most likely be totaled due to the deployment of all the curtain airbags, and the drivers seat airbag.

But the most important thing is that I am ok, just a few scrapes and a slight tear in my rotator-cuff leading to discomfort, but my Fiesta ST sacrificed itself to save me, and for that I am grateful.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Wow, that's one hell of a hit. Remarkable that it kept you that well protected.

Be sure to continue seeing a doctor about your injuries - and don't settle with the other insurance company until you're fully recovered.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Glad you are ok. Seeing this though gives me comfort in how the ST holds up to a side impact collision. Now you can look to getting the new 2016 ST or the RS one they are suppose to come out with.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts