Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was driving to class and notice my rpm fluctuate between 2k and 2.5k rpm. I went to give it gas and relised i had very little boost. After hooking it to the accessport I found I'm only pushing 5psi. Last time there was something wrong with the turbo I paid $200 when. I could've fixed it myself. Any idea on the problem? :confused:

·
Registered
361 Posts
Any MIL/CEL?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well there was no error codes or anything. I uninstalled the ap port and reinstalled it and nothing happened. So I uninstalled it and went to Class for a little over an hour, cam back and I had my boost back. Reinstalled the AP and it's working. Anyone know what was happening?

·
Registered
102 Posts
you may have activated the eco map on slot 2, which limits boost to about 5lbs. check Cobb youtube or website for details.

·
Registered
50 Posts
you may have activated the eco map on slot 2, which limits boost to about 5lbs. check Cobb youtube or website for details.
I just did that today, had no power going up a hill in 5th, and only 5lbs of boost. Then I remembered I set eco mode on 30 minutes earlier. (facepalm)

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had never used eco map before and when I reinstalled it the first time I made sure it was stage 1...

·
Registered
678 Posts
I just did that today, had no power going up a hill in 5th, and only 5lbs of boost. Then I remembered I set eco mode on 30 minutes earlier. (facepalm)
check eco mode!
I've had this issue and I assumed it was the boost hose clamps. I haven't been driving it much until I could get around to tightening them, ordered a 7mm GearWrench, etc... If this is actually if (and probably is), I'm going to feel so dumb. So, so dumb.

Reactions: Zach-805

·
Registered
678 Posts
If this is actually if (and probably is), I'm going to feel so dumb. So, so dumb.
Follow-up: Yup, this is definitely what I did. It's remarkably easy to do, I fiddle with my wheel a lot. But hey, now I know. Watch this:

·
Registered
678 Posts
Theoretically, it's lifting the throttle (or cutting ignition) for you for 0.5s or something similar.

Practically speaking, save that (and launch control) for the racetrack.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
I love FFS on the Track its just so easy to stay in the boost and it goes right to 5k no worries but you still need to drive smart and listen to your car when on the track and as mentions it is best used there and not in my neighborhood please.. ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts