Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im going to close on a White base model (no options) FiST tomorrow for $21454 (incl tax and fees). That is with 500$ recent grad rebate as well as the 1000$ rebate and sync and sound discount. Good deal? What do you guys think? Also i'm in vt so about 6% tax...

·
Registered
173 Posts
Yea it sounds like a good deal to me. I didn't even get the $1000 rebate! I'm sure there's always a better deal somewhere, but if that's the one you want then I say go for it!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Where in VT?
I'm in NH and am still looking.
What's the MSRP and the deal less the fees and state stuff (taxes, reg, etc)?

·
Registered
282 Posts
I got $1250 in rebates, and $1000 off from the dealer. My car had every option BUT Recaro Seats.

The dealer has more wiggle room in the price. If they're selling well where you are, they'll be more
firm about the price. Down here in the Geriatric Capital of the world, I guess the sport tuned ST
doesn't go over as well.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Where in VT?
I'm in NH and am still looking.
What's the MSRP and the deal less the fees and state stuff (taxes, reg, etc)?
Picked it up on Saturday in Lancaster NH. Its a 2015 in white, 21454$ otd unfortunately now I have to put winters on it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Nice.
Lancaster, NH..... Man, I don't even know where that is!
$21454 OTD..... what was the MSRP.
Looking at a white one tomorrow. I kind of wanted the orange but I think the white will have a different vibe- less "racer" and in your face.... I am 49 so...
I don't know, we'll see.
You get the Recaros? I love them but you know...... $2000 is a chunk on a 20K car.

·
Registered
559 Posts
You're a puck on ice without the Recaro's...break 'em in...you'll be alright...and may cause you to be more skinny...I am skinnier...wait, thinner...skinnier is an awful word

·
Registered
50 Posts
Finally test drove one with the Recaros last night- snug but fine.
Nice drive... and car.
This really is becoming quite the little cult car, I think. Almost like a bit of an inside secret.
The seats were cool because they were snug but not rock hard- I've been in some seats that were heavily bolstered (as these are) but had NO give at all- these had some give.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'm on the stock seats, and I don't slide around at all, but here's the thing... I have not tracked the car at all yet.

For day to day commuting and stuff, they're just fine.

Oh... for the OP, mine was somewhere between $22.2K and $22.5K OTD (tax and everything included), but it was also 0.0% interest.
The only option on my car is the moonroof. (Eh... it's what was on the lot. I didn't special order it or anything. Really, I just went after the last 2014 in the area to get that low APR.)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hi All,

Greetings. I have been a visitor for a while since I have my eyes on MO Fist. Just register to get some opinions on the pricing.

I am looking for MO + nav + moon roof + recaro package + premium wheel.
I only need recaro package with MO color. But none of the dealer carry this combo.

The dealer quoted $24290, $24500, $23281 before Ford incentive and registration/tax fee.

I think this is a great deal especially $23281. What do you guys think? a bait and switch tactic to get me to dealer?
I am trying to get the dealer to reconfirm the quote along with the window sticker.

I welcome and appreciate all the suggestions on how to negotiate the price.

·
Registered
57 Posts
If the cars you're looking at are loaded up with options, then the pricing you're looking at seems pretty good to me, assuming they're not including the $1,000 incentive Ford has on the 2015 cars at this exact moment.

In my opinion, about $24,XXX minus the $1,000 Ford incentive... so $23,XXX for a fully loaded car (orange + navigation + moonroof + Recaro + grey wheels), pre-tax, seems great. If the car is a 2014 and not a 2015, you should be able to get even more from Ford, incentive-wise.

I was told by the dealer that the closer you get to a base (no option) Fiesta ST, the harder it is for the dealer to move on price (before incentives), because there's only around $400 in dealer margin worked into the MSRP of a base car. With a more optioned up car, the dealer may be able to take a bit more of a hit. (Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, please!)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Crixus, thank you for your input and taking the time to reply.
I double check with the dealer who quoted $23281 before incentives. It turned out the quote is for a non molten orange and without the premium wheel. So at this point my best bet is $24290 before incentive.
Two dealers I talked to have several ST in stock according to inventory.ford.com. STs have been listed for couple months now. However, the dealer is still firm on the price. I guess it is hard to move the ST ones.
maybe better deal (downward price pressure by dealer) by the end of December?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Generally speaking, the following are true:

1) The longer you wait in a model year, the more incentives Ford (and other manufacturers) will bring. (Ford usually sticks with a given set of incentives for at least a month, so on a somewhat monthly basis, they may or may not update their incentives.
2) Dealerships are more willing to move on price during the winter months.
3) Dealerships are more willing to move on price of inventory that has sat on their lot for a longer time.

All of the above make waiting a smart move. That said, since STs are so rare, waiting too long may allow your preferred configuration to get snatched up... but since the dealers in your area have several in stock, you could end up with the same inventory selection in December.

Also, you *could* start now, and not buy until December. I took over a month to negotiate, and pitted two dealerships against each other (with limited success).

·
Registered
79 Posts
Thanks for the thoughtful input.

I have already started my search (back in September). I am ready to pull the trigger as soon as dealer can offer a deal that I cannot refused.

Just today, Ford has added 0% to 60 mo. (before was 0% up to 48 mo) I was hoping 0% + $750 - $1000 customer cash LOL.

Now the question is Black Friday (if there is such thing for car buying) vs x'mas.

:)

·
Registered
559 Posts
Why not just order one from Mexico and wait for four months and then pay 23,700 USD before taxes for a beautiful Ingot Silver Fiesta ST with only the Recaro package from your local Tasca dealer who adds another 200 dollars to the bottom line at the last minute to see if you are a total sucker!...at least I had the prick take off the 200 bucks...but me bum was still sore riding away....long story shorter...if it is an OTD price, you are golden [email protected] Btw, on the real, ordering a car or buying off the lot, realize one thing...FiST's are assembled in Mexico...engines and transmissions come from Europe...England I believe to be true...but the FiST takes a long train ride from Mexico to the US...whether they are wrapped or not, I don't know, but I had chips in the paint and a rock in the rain gutter that chipped the paint trying to remove it...keep your eyes open, and always inspect your vehicle in the daylight before signing anything....and keep the original order slip that has the price you agreed to with signatures from the manager and a witness...once again, I am not SATISFIED

·
Registered
79 Posts
Thanks, RDgolfer.

at of now, my best offer is $24290 with MO + moon roof + nav + recaro package + premium wheel before Ford rebate and reg./tax. So I am looking at some where around $265xx. OTD.

I do realize $24290 is a pretty good price, but I hope to get a little bit lower. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hey Kanji,

Don't know if this helps at all, but I was just quoted an out-the-door price of $23,500 with all of the extras from a dealership in the Southeast!

Keep looking and make sure the dealers know you're looking elsewhere. They are very competitive.

·
Registered
79 Posts
InsTwin, thanks for the heads up. Really appreciate it.
a tab too late. :D

I headed to two dealers on Sunday and yesterday.
Sunday: dealer 1. who quoted $24290 before Ford rebate. When I went in, they said they made a mistake and jacked up the price to $25290.
valued my trade in at $200. I told them, you must be kidding me. They told me there is no other dealer who has the car with the options I wanted in the entire bay area. They show me the list which "conveniently" left out dealer two. So I left. Wife really pissed because they did the bait and switch.

Dealer 1 called back on Monday, and tried to sweeten the deal. Raised the trade-in value from $200 to $800. But they are still $1000 apart from dealer 2.

Monday: dealer 2 who also quoted $24290 before Ford rebate. Reconfirm the quote over the phone and email. They have two for me to choose from. So I went in.
Trade-in value$ 800

2015 Fist MO + moon roof + recaro package + nav + premium wheel
MSRP: 26325
Invoice:25484 (per sheet they show me) , but $25092 (per my calculation based on the info from truecar. The difference seems to be from the sync discount of $490)

price: $24290 + license/fees

$1194 off invoice. Not to bad, OK deal. (But if compare to InsTwin's quote of $23500 OTD. I just gave away the dealer three grand without they begging. hmm.... )

But I get to enjoy the Fist now. Yeah!!!:eek:

It was dark when the car is ready. Boy they are dirty. Really inspect the paint job. Notify the internet sale manager of couple scoff marks around the car. So we made an appointment later this week to buff it off. (But it is foretasted to be raining the next couple days......:(

1 - 20 of 51 Posts