Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my PB FiST and took a nice long drive today. Living in south Florida twisty roads are far and few between. I noticed the road in the attached pic from the main road. The one to right of Flamingo. It looked like it had been paved very recently. I made a right into the side road at top of screen and made first run down it. All 2nd gear, and took it easy the first time through the initial left and subsequent sweeping right. That was fun, so round 2 was no-brainer. This time I was a bit more aggressive in the turns, and on the sweeping right, I could feel the back end get loose for a split second. That led to run 3 where my goal was to go into the right hander with as much speed as possible and chuck the wheel to the right. Yeehaw! Drifting a fwd! Brilliant! All you have to do to stop the oversteer is lightly roll on the gas and voila, you're straightened out. What an incredible little car this is!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
54 Posts
Pretty fun eh? I've broken mine loose a tad on a few occasions. So silky smoooooth!

·
Registered
488 Posts
that road makes me happy! people living there must love the racers zooming through lol

·
Registered
2,235 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
Got my PB FiST and took a nice long drive today. Living in south Florida twisty roads are far and few between. I noticed the road in the attached pic from the main road. The one to right of Flamingo. It looked like it had been paved very recently. I made a right into the side road at top of screen and made first run down it. All 2nd gear, and took it easy the first time through the initial left and subsequent sweeping right. That was fun, so round 2 was no-brainer. This time I was a bit more aggressive in the turns, and on the sweeping right, I could feel the back end get loose for a split second. That led to run 3 where my goal was to go into the right hander with as much speed as possible and chuck the wheel to the right. Yeehaw! Drifting a fwd! Brilliant! All you have to do to stop the oversteer is lightly roll on the gas and voila, you're straightened out. What an incredible little car this is!

Sounds like a form of racing to me. Just saying, its tough to say one guy can't row a few gears on the street when you have another flicking a car in as fast as he can into a corner on a public road.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That's actually my private driveway. So it's a private road! ;-)

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm gonna have to mount some HKS camera thing a customer gave to me in the fiesta and post some vids sliding around. I can't believe how much more fun this car is then my track prepped 3.2 TT.

This will all be on private roads so no body has to attempt to play dad to this 33 year old... I'll get something up within the next couple of weeks.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Not sure if it is Flamingo Gardens, but not far from there. It's quite a random little road!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Confirmed. I once took on a Carrera GT2 twin turbo heading north from that light. My WRX STi had him through 4 gears, but he hit 5th and disappeared...

Are you in the southwestern area of the county often? I used to live within a mile of that 'road'.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Is GT2 rwd? That new 2015 STI going to be interesting.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts