Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Looking at ordering some Oz Racing Superturismo LM's in graphite for my FiST. I am in Western Sydney, Australia for reference.

It seems I can only find 17x7.5 +42 and most places that display prices are $639 per wheel.

1. Does anyone know anywhere where I could get them cheaper?

2. Can you fit big brakes behind them?

3. How do these actually fit? Do the wheels still fit inside the guards or do they sit a little more flush with the guards?

4. Will OEM tyres stretch a little and fit on a 7.5" wheel? I don't like the stretch look at all but my tyres are OK, not wanting/needing the extra expense of new tyres.

I posted in an old thread but no guarantee those people still have FiST's and come online.

Thanks

Liam

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi FFST,

I am still running stock wheels but have been looking for wheels for a while now.

1. You are likely going to struggle to find much of a discount on high quality wheels such as OZ. The distributor is AMG Australia their site might help you track down more resellers. I know Jax sell them here in Sydney, they were offering discounts on some OZ Wheels via their Facebook page a couple of months back. You are likely to get a better deal if buying tyres at the same time, but if they are still good like you said, they are generally willing to do you a better deal if you are in front of them than over the phone like most retailers. The other option is internet purchase from Demon Tweeks or Tirerack but buying overseas has some risks.

2. Depends on how big you want to go, but that width and offset should accommodate bigger brakes, the wheel style can also help with this. Should be able to find a UK owner running this exact setup with big brakes via some of the FB pages.

3. Check your fitment on a site like willtheyfit.com. Stock wheels are 17x7 with a +47.5 offset. The fitment you mention likely won't completely fill the guards but will look better than stock. If you want to remain legal in NSW this fitment also keeps your wheel track under the maximum increase.

4. OEM 205s will fit. They are a stretch to some extent. If you went to 8" you are really getting proper stretch. But a square fitment for a 7.5 rim is a 215 wide tyre.

Keen to hear how you go. Don't think I can stretch my budget to OZ. Will likely end up with Team Dynamics myself.

Good luck.

Adam

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers for the great reply. I'll keep this thread posted with how they end up.

Cheers.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Spoke to a wheel place today who kindly reccommend I wait until next month. I can wait I'm sure.

Not sure what to do on the tyre situation yet, mine will probably nees replacing in the next 12 months (3 years for tyres has been the worst tyre life I have ever had. I don't drive the cars hard so expected better).

Will keep this updated once they are ordered, pretty sure they aren't a wheel kept in stock.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Spoke to a wheel place today who kindly reccommend I wait until next month. I can wait I'm sure.

Not sure what to do on the tyre situation yet, mine will probably nees replacing in the next 12 months (3 years for tyres has been the worst tyre life I have ever had. I don't drive the cars hard so expected better).

Will keep this updated once they are ordered, pretty sure they aren't a wheel kept in stock.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Went to order these today..... Wheel shop has to call supplier to find out if they can get the graphite wheels in a 17x7.5 inch. Drove ages to get there too lol. The guy was helpful though, should know more on Monday. Oz are doing $200 cashback in November so that will be nice.

If this shop can't find the colour and width I want, does anyone have any recommendations in Sydneys Outer West that could get them?

Pretty set on colour and 7.5 wide.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts