Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
3 blow outs and a dented rim have me ready to switch to 15's and a taller sidewall. Too many potholes in DC to get wild without worrying about another blowout. I read previous posts related to 15's but all seem to discuss additional mods necessary to make them fit. I am a spirited daily driver, and I think I can get my kicks without incurring more cost than just buying the new wheel/tire combo. Questions:

1. Can I make the switch without any mods (rotor or other)?
2. What wheel width and offset will fit?
3. From question 2, what will provide the best selection for standard tire sizes?
3. Much discussion about 15x8 or 15x9, but the stock width is 7. I don't think i need any more than a 205 tire width, but am I being naive? is the higher sidewall cause for a wider tire?
2. Should heat dissipation concern me? meaning even if it fits, will it be too close for adequate airflow?

Goal is to pick a rim size that will bolt on with no modifications, and will be easy/cheap to find good all season tires.

Any guidance would be a huge help. I have been dodging this problem for months because I couldn't find a solution that gave me confidence.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Easy to go to Tirerack.com and look for 15s. There are 44 wheels listed as fitting. Use their information about width and offset to find wheels on other sites you like or take your pick from those they have. Bob's your Uncle.

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Go to Discount Tire Direct and plug in your year make and model. It will show you the wheels and tires that fit along with optional sizes.

When you buy tires and wheels we mount and balance them free. Shipping is free as well.

Give us a call if we can be of assistance.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
I have run 15x8 and 15x6.5 with the later being a beater winter rim that I mounted up some lightly used r comp tires (205/50/15) just to try them out and they worked awesome at Road America during a lapping event so I think 6.5 or 7 inch 205/50 will do you just fine.
Here is what they looked like on the car at the event this past Aug.
1-DSC_0149.jpg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts