Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, I have done this on other Fiesta ST specific forums so might as well post it here too. (more content coming soon). :) 1. Cobb AP 93 octane, stage 1 tune. 2. Sport Tuning 17x7.5 +42 offset wheels with 215/40-17 Dunlop Direzza D2 tires. 3. Three inch Scorpion cat-back exhaust system 4. FSWERKs cool flow intake system 5. Valve cover ventilation breather 6. Levels front mount intercooler upgrade 7. Colder plugs/indexed 8. Sylvania Ultra ZXE H11 low beam bulb upgrade

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Wheel and tire package from Tire Rack: I'm really picky about wheels and chose function over form. I had my heart set on some O.Z. Ultraleggeras but decided they did not meet my criteria for a wider wheel so I went with gloss black Super Tuning T9s in 17x7.5 size and 215/40-17 Dunlop Direzza D2s.

Attachments

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Cobb Tuning Access Port & inbox Cobb filter (Green)

Attachments

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
3" diameter Scorpion Red cat-back exhaust system. Dyno test results are pending. Going to talk to Scorpion before posting results.

Attachments

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
FSWERKs intake

FSWERKs intake and valve cover ventilation breather modification. Installation the week of January 26th AFTER exhaust dyno test against baseline. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Installed Cobbs rear motor mount. It's nice. About the same time I added the FSWERKs short shift kit. This is the SECOND best mod to the car so far.

Attachments

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I then wanted to get rid of the "SUV" look and had Cobb install a set of their lowering springs. The next day I installed new 17x7.5 42+ Sport Edition SE-16 wheels with new 215/40-17 Dunop Direzza DII Star Spec tires. The drop and new wheels have really tightened up the looks and handling of my Fiesta ST. Feels and looks like a completely different car!

Attachments

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I then went back to Cobb Tuning Plano and had them install their front mount intercooler upgrade, charge pipes and catted down pipe. This effectively sends me into Stage 3. For the first ten days or so I went with Cobbs Stage 3 OTS tune. Later I got with Adam Brunson @ Modern Automotive Performance and got a 93 octane stage 3 "e-tune" and E30 map. No dyno yet, but... I am very impressed!

Attachments

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Why colder plugs? Impressive list BTW.
More timing and boost means greater chance of ping. Going one step colder can help with that, noticeably. A colder range plug dissipates heat away faster. As the engine approaches KR threshold, the ecu backs off timing (which of course reduces power).

·
Registered
488 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What other forums are there?
I am really only here to spy on your guys builds ;)
I'm active on two other forum groups and a member on a fourth forum but don't regularly contribute there. I won't plug those other forums here though out of respect for this site. A simple google search will find the others if you wish to find more. :)

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
I added a shift knob from a 2015 Mustang GT (thank you airjor13) and an "EcoBeast" trunk badge. The shift knob is a HUGE improvement in shifter "feel". It also looks very nice. You will need to add a M12 x 1.25 nut under the knob to ensure that the reverse lockout works (it won't work without it).

Attachments

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Some hardware I won at FocusFest/STFest 2015:

Best in class plaque ('14-'15 Fiesta STs)

Best of STFest 2015

Attachments

·
Registered
1,150 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Cant see that, Thats the sizee Finsport used and gained the best results. Maybe 3" Downpipe and decat, but 2.75 inch for Catback.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It's the tale of two dynos. One is lying, the other one is not. I've moved on and installed my FSWERKs intake today. If it is indeed the exhaust system throwing the wrench into it, then I will put the stock one back on. Driving the car says there is no way it is making less power than stock. That is all I am going to say about it right now. ;)

1 - 20 of 91 Posts