Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So from owning an MS3 and considering an STI, turbo upgrade don't appear to be something you guys normally offer such at ATP,Perrin,etc , however with the kp39 turbo being such a huge factor in gains on our car are you planning on offering a turbo upgrade? If so have you already begun testing? I'm really curious to know.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Get in touch with Finsport in the UK. They have a stage 3 with hybrid turbo running quite strong.
<------------ Cobb Fan Boy

·
Registered
946 Posts
Cobb doesn't even have their exhaust out yet..I'd say it's a fair bet that you'll be waiting a little for a turbo kit.

·
Registered
773 Posts
We are not currently doing any aftermarket turbo testing. But, that doesn't mean we won't experiment in the future ;)

Ian
I want to see what a Stroker 1.8L with Garret GTX42R will pull...just to see the limits of the car you know :p

·
Registered
488 Posts
It's like lag lag lag lag whoa hello crash

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
946 Posts
Haha for real man. Id think a 35R would be about the biggest you'd get away with on these without retarded lag.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Haha for real man. Id think a 35R would be about the biggest you'd get away with on these without retarded lag.
Gonna have to agree here.
I mean, you could put any turbo on, it just might make full boost on the last 50rpms lol

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk
Even a 35R is laggy as hell. The new GTX35's are supposed to be better but still. I have a buddy that had a GT35R on his 2008 STI and it was good above 4000-4500rpm. It was nuts, but laggy with a 2.5L motor. I wouldn't want to know how long you would have to wait for it to spool up on a 1.6L. Someone do it and prove me wrong please :)

·
Registered
946 Posts
Even a 35R is laggy as hell. The new GTX35's are supposed to be better but still. I have a buddy that had a GT35R on his 2008 STI and it was good above 4000-4500rpm. It was nuts, but laggy with a 2.5L motor. I wouldn't want to know how long you would have to wait for it to spool up on a 1.6L. Someone do it and prove me wrong please :)
Alot of the B18 Honda guys around here run the 35R's with good results, but then again they have alot more rpm to work with than we do..

·
Registered
773 Posts
Alot of the B18 Honda guys around here run the 35R's with good results, but then again they have alot more rpm to work with than we do..
They have V-TEC...when it kicks in yo...look out

Reactions: rodmoe

·
Registered
923 Posts
What about a K04? Probably be cheap-ish too...

·
Registered
1,150 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
We were discussing that in another thread. I think buy the time you get all the fab work done, you probably could have just bought a garret kit. Unless some company can find a way to sell a ko4 kit cheap, doesn't seem worth it IMO.

Yeah, I loved the K04 on my MS3. It did everything well without a bunch of lag or other issues...

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Yeah, I loved the K04 on my MS3. It did everything well without a bunch of lag or other issues...
See I though it the ko4 on my speed6 felt "meh" The 3076r I had on there though, now that was nice haha

I wish more manufacturers would do what Mitsubishi did with the evos. Put a slightly larger turbo then a typical stock turbo would be. Perfectly streetable, but pulls all the way to redline and can make boat loads more power when you up the boost.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
773 Posts
See I though it the ko4 on my speed6 felt "meh" The 3076r I had on there though, now that was nice haha

I wish more manufacturers would do what Mitsubishi did with the evos. Put a slightly larger turbo then a typical stock turbo would be. Perfectly streetable, but pulls all the way to redline and can make boat loads more power when you up the boost.

To be honest though, no manufacturer cares about what the car does when you up the boost.

Mitsubishi could have done it so that the car would be reliable and none of the parts would be stressed so it could take a beating for a long time. The 4G63 had legendary strength but it had to because the people buying these cars weren't exactly commuters and soccer Moms.

The Evo X makes a TON of power at stage 2 levels where the STI at stage 2 was always 50hp back.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts