Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Why not? If you hate it, peel it off. I've never dipped anything before but have a six pack of rattle cans waiting to do my rims. I'll eventually get black rims but at 5$ a can from Amazon shipped I'll give it a shot.

A bunch of guys have dipped theirs black, even saw one go gold on blue. All looked great in pictures. Our stockers look a lot better once they aren't silver, and not a fan of the Rado color either. So unless the blacks don't match up too well I say go for it. And post pics.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
94 Posts
The gold on PB that crzyworm mentioned is mine. It looks great, and I will probably eventually get them powdercaoted. I havent washed them yet (just sprayed and wiped down with a microfiber towel) so I dont know how truely durable it is. Gold on TB would probably look good too... or you could go with something crazy like the green or orange ;-)

·
Registered
22 Posts
I dipped my wheels black on my oxford white fist and the stuff is awesome. I've washed my car 3times after I dipped them and it holds up very well. Not to mention them getting blasted by sand on the road(great upstate ny). Go for it, plastidip is good stuff and as long as you don't mind a matte finish the stuff looks great

·
Registered
728 Posts
Plasti dipping is the best! There is so many colours to choose from! But then there's the glossifiers and metalizers that you lay on top to create other effects. They are also simple to repair after any chipping. Here's some pics of my stock wheels as I was doing them:
5 coats of mattte black and the left wheel has 1 coat of gloss on top

With another coat of gloss and on the car

And a shot of 1 after 3 months

The orange surround is a product called AlloyGator, protects from gutter rash!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Reactions: FISTED

·
Registered
55 Posts
Deadlyst, do you spray the wheel barrels too? I've seen a bunch YouTube videos where they do them on the car, but I'd think the barrels would stand out if not done.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
728 Posts
Yeah I did inside the "barrels" or "dish" had all 4 wheels off the car as I painted the calipers at the same time, we don't get the option for painted factory calipers! I wanted them to be all black. Didn't like the Idea of only doing the faces and leaving the dish the alloy colour. Thought it would look stupid when up close to the car! But word of advice, make sure the faces are fully dry before you flip them to do the dishes, mine weren't and my buddy had a "great" idea to flip them over on some sort of wollen/fibre drop sheet he had, end result was woll and fibres getting stuck to the Face and leaving some minor imperfections!
Used 3 X cans of dip + 1 can of glossifier.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Nice miata.... I have a 1990 mx5 as we'll.... Have actually toyed with the idea of doing the whole fist with plasti dip but I don't know if I could do that to a new car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Black on black is a great look! And like others have said, if you dont like it or get tired of it, you can always just peel off!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Tire Automotive tire

My white ST is coming in 2-3 weeks, and I intend to PD the wheels black or green . I've PDed my SRT8's wheels, rear Chrysler wing and chrome around the windows. I spray a 'maintenance' coat on the wheels when the brake dust starts discoloring them. I get compliments all the time at the dragstrip!

·
Registered
728 Posts
www.alloygator.co.uk
They are a UK based company, and not sure if there is a US distributor, there is an Australian Distributer!
You can find out all the info from their site! Ran me $50AUD a wheel fitted.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Where can I find these black Ford center caps that some of you have on your wheels?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 23 Posts