Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car just hit 500 miles and noticed the plastic trim around the windshield partially snapped off. Has anyone else had this issue? I am going to bring it to the dealership to get it looked at.

·
Registered
773 Posts
regardless of what it is...that is what warranty is for

Reactions: Colin1337

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, the first tab broke. All of the sudden, I saw it flapping around.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
305 Posts
My car just hit 500 miles and noticed the plastic trim around the windshield partially snapped off. Has anyone else had this issue? I am going to bring it to the dealership to get it looked at.
H Fujiwara,

I'm glad to hear your dealer's already ordered the trim. Let me know if you want me to jump in to look for any additional assistance.

Meagan

·
Registered
313 Posts
H Fujiwara,

I'm glad to hear your dealer's already ordered the trim. Let me know if you want me to jump in to look for any additional assistance.

Meagan
Off topic sorta here Meagan, do you think Ford will continue to have a strong presence on forums / social media with Scott monty's departure?
This sort of support is really nice to have and I would hate for it to go away.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Off topic sorta here Meagan, do you think Ford will continue to have a strong presence on forums / social media with Scott monty's departure?
This sort of support is really nice to have and I would hate for it to go away.
Thanks for the feedback! We're not going anywhere. :D

Meagan

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yes, I had this issue with my '11 Fiesta SE. They are fragile and just snap in and out. I had my car repaired and the guy who removed the trim piece didn't use much care. After that, every time I went to a car wash, the high volume air dryer would pop the trim loose. And then when loose, it will snap. I haven't had the issue with my ST......yet. Be sure the slots it snaps into aren't damaged. It doesn't take much.

·
Registered
634 Posts
huh, i never had an issue with it popping out but i noticed that it was super easy to pop in and out by hand.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I just purchased my car yesterday and noticed the same issue.
Welcome to the forum!

I recommend you talk to your dealer about this.

From your Warranty Guide:

CHECK YOUR VEHICLE
We try to check vehicles carefully at the assembly plant and the dealership, and we usually correct any damage to paint, sheet metal, upholstery, or other appearance items. But occasionally something may slip past us, and a customer may find that a vehicle was damaged before he or she took delivery. If you see any damage when you receive your vehicle, notify your dealership within one week.
If you'd like me to loop in your customer service manager, please let me know. :)

Meagan

·
Registered
340 Posts
Meagan, i found that i did not have front footwell ambient lights. The light unit was missing and apeared cut off. I brought it to livermore ford, the car had about 2k miles on it. I just didnt notice the missing lights. They looked at it and told me I must have cut them out.... Got into a small heated discussion and took car to future ford who fixed it with no issues... These dealers are horrible

·
Registered
13 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

I recommend you talk to your dealer about this.

From your Warranty Guide:

If you'd like me to loop in your customer service manager, please let me know. :)

Meagan
Meagan,

That would be great! Please let me know what info you need. I emailed pics to the salesman but haven't heard back yet. Thanks, Rick

·
Registered
305 Posts
Meagan, i found that i did not have front footwell ambient lights. The light unit was missing and apeared cut off. I brought it to livermore ford, the car had about 2k miles on it. I just didnt notice the missing lights. They looked at it and told me I must have cut them out.... Got into a small heated discussion and took car to future ford who fixed it with no issues... These dealers are horrible
I'm glad to hear everything was taken care of. If you'd like me to document feedback on that dealer, please send me a private message with your contact info, full name, and the dealer name/location.

Meagan,

That would be great! Please let me know what info you need. I emailed pics to the salesman but haven't heard back yet. Thanks, Rick
I got your message. :) Our offices are closed over the weekend.

Meagan

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sorry for the 2 year bump, but I just discovered this exact thing on my 2011 Fiesta SE. I also noticed that there doesn't appear to be any weather sealing along the top of the windshield, can anyone else confirm that?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I had this issue right after I purchased the car. Ford ordered the part and fixed it as part of the warranty

Sent from my 6045I using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 22 Posts