Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys and gals!

I'm about to order my first ever ST, I'm extremely excited about it - however - for the last two weeks I have had a real issue choosing a colour... It's killing me!

I've narrowed it down to either:

a) Black w/ Molten Orange Recaro's, or
b) Blue w/ Grey Recaro's

I'm pulling my hair out lol. What should I do??

Also, (tarty question) can you fit a Starbucks in the cup holders?

Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
934 Posts
The Tuxedo Black looks great when clean but is a labor to keep it that way. (Love the gold metal flake when the sun hits it just right.)

The Performance Blue is easier to keep clean and the blue/purple sheen in the light is great looking also. (I chose a PB over the other colors)

Are these the only two colors available at the dealership?

Are either of these cars your choice of color, if not then wait out for your choice?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's going to be a factory order so I can pretty much choose any colour combination... Which is making my decision 'impossible', I realise I'm being slightly dramatic but this is the first new car I've ever bought and I want it to be perfect.

Orange is too expensive - white has been veto'd by the girlfriend - red is red - which leaves blue and black.

·
Super Moderator
934 Posts
It's going to be a factory order so I can pretty much choose any colour combination... Which is making my decision 'impossible', I realise I'm being slightly dramatic but this is the first new car I've ever bought and I want it to be perfect.

Orange is too expensive - white has been veto'd by the girlfriend - red is red - which leaves blue and black.
How much time do you have to detail? A lot and it's a joy to do go with the black.

When detailing are you overly obsessive? My first new car I ever purchased was black and I went crazy trying to keep that car clean. Loved that car when it was clean but swore never again to buy another, many years later.

·
Registered
253 Posts
black is too much of a pita imo. The blue is dark enough to concern me that it could be a pita also.

Gotta have the orange seats and grey paint is too plain which leaves white and orange.

I can tell you if you get in your car dirty the orange seats look to be a pita. Doing my trans/clutch work on the vette i been using the fiesta to run to the store and stuff over the last week and the driver seat looks slightly darker than the passenger seat. But its worth it still imo as colored interior is hawt. Just have to give it a cleaning when this fiasco is over.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I thought that the orange interior would be easier to maintain and better at hiding the dirt - I'm so conflicted!

I just wish they did a storm grey or something.

My main concern about black (apart from the cleaning) is that black 'hides the curves' if you know what i mean, but I haven't seen one in the flesh to make a decision, I've seen all the other colours.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I thought that the orange interior would be easier to maintain and better at hiding the dirt - I'm so conflicted!
You may be right i have no idea what the grey looks like dirty, my thought is, as a dude, grey is grey. Orange and dirty orange are different enough to differentiate.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have a tuxedo black FiST. The paint is terrible, it chips and scatches very easy. I just polished my hood yesterday because of random swirls. I bought mine just 2 months ago. The car gets dirty after just a day or two. I really like the colour and am willing to do the extra work. Just make sure you know what you're getting into. I'm worried the orange recaros would get dirty after a while and ruin resale value. I personally went with the grey seats.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Just an FYI,

I was very skeptic about the molten orange color but when I bought it and saw for the first time I was so glad to made the decision. Its 600 dollars more but imo well worth it. Tri-coat glitter goodness!!! Looks red at night or in the shade but orange in the light.

·
Registered
728 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
I was going to vote grewn envy, but I guess that is not an option for you. I habe molten orange and love it so much. Not too flashy, enough to gice the car character, I get lots of compliments and when the sun hits it just right it has a real nice glow to it. Black is nice, but you will see every imperfection. EVERY IMPERFECTION. I like the blue, that was secons choice, but if your anal about keeping it clean it will take some work to keep it clean. My very first choice was going to be white, with res recaros; white because of the texas summer heat, and the red RECAROs would give it a nice contrast, even better when the windows are tinted dark.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm in the UK and Molten Orange is an extra £750 which is ludicrous!

We also don't get green or silver.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Consider yourself lucky that you even get a choice of paint colour and seat colour combos.

Id be more worried about spilling your Starbucks coffee all over your Recaros.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts