Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have terrible news..... My brand new FiST has a busted side view mirror.... I salvaged the actual mirror, however, every other part of the side view, is broken.

I really need some help! I went to my local Ford dealership, and they quoted about $400 total for just the housing..... And it doesn't come painted either....

So, couple questions: Does anyone know if the 2013/2014 side view mirrors are the same or at least similar?
Does anyone have/know of a salvage passenger side, side view mirror?
Does anyone know of a place where I could order the parts for the side view mirror cheaper than what Ford is quoting me?
Since the mirror has about 5 different components to it, even though all the electrical (blinker and mirror swivel) is still working, I STILL have to replace every part.....
Does anyone know details about warranties for the paint on the Fords? Because the body shop guys went on and on about custom ordering paint from the factory that my FiST was made at so the paint exactly matches, or else it'll be a couple shades different or something ridiculous like that.....
Also, RED ALERT! DESIGN FLAW!
Since my mirror folded in during my sad, sad accident, it dented my door and chipped some paint off my door as well! :eek:

Please help! I will accept any offer under $200 at this point.....

·
Registered
361 Posts
Reactions: feisty_fiesta

·
Registered
12 Posts
The mirrors are the same for North America ST. The skull cap is the only part that is painted and would require color matching. If nothing on the glass holder assembly is bent or broken, it should just snap right into a new motor so there's one less thing you have to replace.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The mirrors are the same for North America ST. The skull cap is the only part that is painted and would require color matching. If nothing on the glass holder assembly is bent or broken, it should just snap right into a new motor so there's one less thing you have to replace.
All of the little tiny plastic pieces that snap together on the entire housing are broken unfortunately, so nothing snaps back together... I have tried.
I'm gonna get a claim from my insurance company, but that not until next week that I'll be able to fix it. And I don't want to waste all my money on overpriced Ford Dealership stuff. My entire door needs to be refinished because the mirror folded into the door and chipped paint off, that's why I'm more worried about the color matching. If it was just the cap that needed it, I would totally agree with you that the color matching is not worth it....

·
Registered
361 Posts
Glad to help!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update:

I'm getting my car back today! They did a paint blend on my door, plus bought the side view mirror as a whole assay, no separate parts luckily. Ended up a total of $675 for everything. Still bad..... but hopefully it looks great! The paint is curing as we speak! The mirror and door took 2 days, and the warranty (replacement of vinyl on b pillars) and maintenance work I got done (rotated tires, oil change, new wiper blades) in one day all for free. Ford is awesome!! :D Thank you all so much for your help!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts