Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Update: after ~100 miles the vibration has gone down a lot. It broke in faster than I thought it would and I know for sure I'm putting more power to the wheels. I can feel a noticeable difference in acceleration and throttle response. It feels so good not to have any power sucked out from the engine mount

Just installed the black powerflex bushings rated at 95 shore a. I had the 70 shore a yellow powerflex bushings for a couple months and enjoyed the reduced engine movement but I wanted an even more crisp feel. I have both the small and large bushings and it's a night and day difference compared to the yellows. This is definitely hardcore and not for people that don't want any vibration from acceleration. The added vibration is only on throttle and I'm very surprised that's it's actually less vibration at idle compared to the yellow. I personally like the slight vibration throughout the car. Nothing rattles but I feel so much more connected through the pedals from the extra feedback.

I'd say if your looking for solid delrin insert but your not sure you want THAT much more vibes the black bushings would be good because they'll vibrate less but will have roughly the same holding strength. If you don't want any extra vibes from acceleration then a cobb RMM, Yellow PF or maybe even purple PF. I'm pretty sure it'll break in after a couple hundred miles like my yellows did. Super happy that I don't have any wheel hop, It feels like it's not possible anymore.

Also it's amazing how much better getting into 1st feels, like impossible to stall from not enough feedback thru the pedal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Premium Member
498 Posts
Right, the BLACK Powerflex bushings are VERY HARDCORE. NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART. Most users should opt for yellow bushings or go for a Cobb RMM for a level of vibration that's comfortable enough to be streetable for most people.

· Registered
656 Posts
I have made plenty of my own mounts and the black is very hard, one car felt like solid mounts, glad you can use then and OK with it. I have the black bushings for the whole suspension on order but opted for the Cobb engine mount due to being a streetable car.

I have built cars with solid aluminum and monoball mounts everywhere, not a street car in the least but fun on the track:)

· Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok so just after ~100 miles the vibration has gone down a lot. It broke in faster than I thought it would and I know for sure I'm putting more power to the wheels. I can feel a noticeable difference in acceleration and throttle response. It feels so good not to have any power sucked out from the engine mount

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.