Registered
2,235 Posts

·
Registered
1,150 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Whatever horsepower direct is selling for the fiesta st, it's not the right part for our cars. Wasted my time. Took about 30-45 minutes to get the stock mount off. About 15 minutes to get it back on. View attachment 1808

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My understanding of this type of replacement mount requires you to press the original mounts out and these Powerflex bushes press in by hand. They come with a centre tube and large washers. When the bolts are torque, the mount crushes, the length of the centre tubes control the amount of crush.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
My understanding of this type of replacement mount requires you to press the original mounts out and these Powerflex bushes press in by hand. They come with a centre tube and large washers. When the bolts are torque, the mount crushes, the length of the centre tubes control the amount of crush.
That's what I was expecting to do. The inserts are bigger than the mount, it's hard to tell in the pic.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Just an idea while you have the mounts out why not fill the gaps with a hard heavy duty silicon out of a caulking gun let. Smooth it out and let it cure. I've seen lancer.evo guys do this with successful results

·
Registered
180 Posts
That's what I was expecting to do. The inserts are bigger than the mount, it's hard to tell in the pic.

it is bigger than the mount; however, it will fit. You need to press out the sleeved section of each end using a bushing removal tool that you can rent from autozone or advance. The replacement bushes do not require a press and should be lubricated with non-petroleum based grease (such as plumbers grease- silicone base is best)

·
Registered
116 Posts
The OEM part is $31.88 from Fordparts.com + $75.00 = 106.88, if you're worried about futzing the OEM part up. I would use an arbor press over a bearing press, as the OEM rubber is usually heat glued to the metal. You can drill out the OEM bearings, or if you're really careful, melt it out with a propane torch. Careful, rubber burns hot, stinky and for a long time. A press is best. Call a local brake shop and ask for their rates to press out two rubber biscuits.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Going to be installing this today. Not sure exactly how I'm gonna remove the old bushings, but I think I'm just gonna have to pry it out with a flathead. I'll update later with pics then a drive review

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Got the mount off very easily in about 15 minutes or less. I simply do no have the tools to complete the install. To push out the stock bushing is going to take some extreme serious force. I'm gonna have to get my shop to install this for me if they have the right tools. Wish this was an easy swap but it's not.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Here is the mount with all the bushings uninstalled and installed. Very easy once the bushings are in. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396051220.065152.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396051251.429761.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396051262.785482.jpg

About to lower the car from the jack stands and I'll be back with a drive review

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #37 (Edited)
When I started the car I could tell immediately everything was stiffer Throttle response even in neutral felt crisper. From a stop into first gear the car feels easier to get into gear smoothly. Shifting from 1-2 is definitely improved with less jarring. It feels tighter catching gears. Another big improvments I could feel is rev-match downshifting is even easier and crisper.

As for acceleration, it feels more responsive from tip in. A lot less energy lost compared to the stock bushings. Slamming the gas in 2nd gear is way more responsive, no more waiting a half second for acceleration.

Overall, I'm really happy with this modification.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
I only did a few WOT runs shifting as fast as I could. The "slamming" is reduced id say at least 25%. I can still feel the engine jerk if I'm really aggressive with the clutch going thru gears but much improved overall.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
21 - 40 of 53 Posts