Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
When I started the car I could tell immediately everything was stiffer Throttle response even in neutral felt crisper. From a stop into first gear the car feels easier to get into gear smoothly. Shifting from 1-2 is definitely improved with less jarring. It feels tighter catching gears. Another big improvments I could feel is rev-match downshifting is even easier and crisper.

As for acceleration, it feels more responsive from tip in. A lot less energy lost compared to the stock bushings. Slamming the gas in 2nd gear is way more responsive, no more waiting a half second for acceleration.

Overall, I'm really happy with this modification.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds good !! My main concern is how much vibration are you getting from the mounts ?

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
We just got 1 more set in stock. We have more on order from Powerflex UK, but they are about 1-2 months out

We have sold 100s for the Focus ST, and actually did the test fitting for the Focus ST as well.

PM us if you have any questions. We ship to Canada, UK, and Australia.

Thanks,
Ryan @ Horsepower Direct

·
Registered
10 Posts
Mine makes clucking noise, will need to make sure it's the Mount, but im 90% sure it is. Put it on the lift, checked every bold, installation, no problems. When I take of (shift from 1st to 2nd) I hear that noise. Will investigate more and let you guys know.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Its the mount bud.
Just to be clear I have the powerflex Bushings installed. After them mine started to make noise. Nothing is loose, it was installed properly. Had no problems for about a week, then it started to make noise.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Bolts all snug and inplace ? some have reported after a swap like this they needed to go and retorque the mount .. I think a dab of Blue Loctite will be in order when i put mine back together..
Double checked everything, all snug.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yeah I went back and reread your post and deleted my dumb one lol sorry for being a lil slow this morning dang that was a quick reply and thanks for not biting my head off for not reading your checked on lift post well enough .. LOL
Is all good buddy, need OEM motor mount to see it that's the problem. I don't want to re press the bushings.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Installed my Powerflex Bushings today. No more 1-2 clunk and much less engine flex. Very happy!

Reactions: rodmoe

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am reviving a very old thread here, forgive me.

I heard that it may be beneficial to leave the smaller bushing in and only swap out the large bushing. Reason being is its already quite tough from factory and it is easier than trying to drill it out with a countersink bit. Most movement is from the larger bushing anyways. Further to this, you save about 50% of the cost, making this an extremely attractive mod due to its price-to-result ratio.

I cant find any other examples of this though and was wondering what everyone else thought about this approach.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts