Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today, my powertrain warning light (the wrench icon) came on after 5 miles of normal city traffic driving. This only two days and 50 miles after my first oil change (@600 miles). Has anyone experienced this indicator yet,and if so run a scan on their AP or seen their dealer?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Service dept. claimed my warning was caused by a knock sensor they say I don't have. Odd, but the next morning, no light. They also informed me the light "may have" been caused by a faulty blow-off on a heavy incline, but I know it came on during flat, level ground. Basically, they have no idea, so they cleared the code. So far, it hasn't returned, but time will tell.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Curious to know what the code was. The oil may have been a coincidence me thinks. But your warranty is there if you need it.

Reactions: joker96

·
Registered
305 Posts
Service dept. claimed my warning was caused by a knock sensor they say I don't have. Odd, but the next morning, no light. They also informed me the light "may have" been caused by a faulty blow-off on a heavy incline, but I know it came on during flat, level ground. Basically, they have no idea, so they cleared the code. So far, it hasn't returned, but time will tell.
I'm glad to hear everything's working alright. Don't hesitate to reach out if you need me to jump in to assist.

Meagan

·
Registered
68 Posts
I started mine up in the garage today, drove around to the front of the house to grab my sunglasses from my fiancé' s truck and stalled it because I thought I put it in neutral. I started the ST back up and saw the powertrain warning light. I turned off the car then started it again and the light was still there. We just drove to the dealership to drop he truck off for an oil change so while I was sitting in the parking lot I shut the ST off and started him again and now the light is off. Odd. It drove in limp-mode without boost like a regular Fiesta; I'm sooooo glad I picked up an ST. ^_^

·
Registered
411 Posts
I have seen this CEL (orange spanner) before on my ST from overboost due to a wastegate Mod. It always resets in my case by turning the ignition off and on, derates the engine power too.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I had the light today on my home from work. Merged into hwy downshift into 4th like always and now my car feels "limp" also. Pulled off shut it off checked for smells and or fluids, nothing... Started it back up after a cigarette no light but the car just feels loose now. Everything is sloppy. App with dealership on Wed oh boy....

·
Registered
2 Posts
My powertrain warning light just came on. Limp mode apparently not enabled. Will use my scan tool to pull PCM data and report back. '14 FiST

·
Registered
2 Posts
KOEO no codes, reviewed all 13 control units. KOER, two codes: P1127 (Brake switch out of self test range), P1703 (Exhaust temperature out of range, O2 sensor test not completed). Thoughts anyone? Thanks in advance!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts