·
Registered
634 Posts
I want to know this too, I want a subwoofer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
No, there are no line level outputs, even the Ford subwoofer installation guide taps into the right rear speaker wires.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
634 Posts
That sucks. That means I need to signal convert? Not worth it.

·
Registered
678 Posts
A $20 converter makes it not worth it? Lol. A lot of decent amps will also take line level in.

·
Registered
191 Posts
That sucks. That means I need to signal convert? Not worth it.
Have you been out of the car stereo game for the last 10 years? The entire industry is built around OEM integration now. Most decent amps take "speaker wire" level inputs without the use of an old school signal converter.
There are also amazing "signal converter-like" products out there that give you full bass control from the driver's seat so that you can turn down the subs while listening to talk radio, or crank them up while you're rocking out to One Direction.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Line level in usually has a lot of interference and the sound quality just isn't there like it is on RCA or preamp. I've used both and I much prefer preamps to line level

·
Registered
678 Posts
For a subwoofer they're quite fine. There's no interference at the speaker, there shouldn't be at the amp if wired correctly.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Old school guy here and much prefer low level outputs, better yet digital out to a high end DAC. This time I am finally going to use a stock HU but looking at higher end processors but also simpler ideas. At one time I was able to find a proper SPDIF signal from factory HU's but have not for many years as they use integrated DAC/processor chips now.

A line level converter and a sub level control for that would be the minimal, what I installed in our 43' Toyhauler but really good gear, KEF line array speakers, 50" smart TV, Arc Black Line 12" sub and KS Mini amp. I am going to find the simplest solution I can for the ST that I can have some fun with:)

Rick

1 - 10 of 10 Posts