Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. Been lurking for a while trying to educate myself on the Fiesta ST. I test drove one a few weeks back and absolutely loved it. It was the most fun I've had driving a car in a long time. I've previously owned a 2004 GTO, 2003 WRX Stage 3, several lifted Jeeps, and most recently a 2011 Kia Optima SX. I'd say the FiST was most comparable to the WRX and maybe even more fun than that car.

The reason why I'm posting is because in my research it seems that prices vary quite a bit between geographies and the time of year. What I'm wondering from the community here is what a reasonable price I should expect to pay for a Fiesta ST with:

• Molten Orange
  • Orange Recaros
  • Moonroof

I was quoted at that same dealership $23,549.64 + tax, title, fees if I ordered one (after the $1000 switch offer). I went on TrueCar and got a price of $23,078 + tax, title, $249 fee (after the $1000 switch offer and $100 PenFed Member Savings.

I'm wondering how good of a deal these prices are? I've seen on here and other forums people posting prices even less than this for the same fully loaded. I was hoping to spend about $22,000-$22,500 so these numbers aren't too far off but maybe I'm being unrealistic.

I always buy my cars used with factory warranties leftover to avoid the sudden depreciation from buying new, so I was also researching some used prices of this combo. Prices range from $22,500 with 1,500 miles to $19,900 with 15,000 miles, but nearly all are the executive/manufacturer vehicles where who knows how they were driven. Not much depreciation so far on these so it may be advantageous to purchase new.

·
Registered
678 Posts
I'd purchase new. Keep in mind, some people got their cars with $2000+ worth of rebates, so it may not be apples to apples. I've found TrueCar to give the most accurate pricing.

·
Registered
120 Posts
should be able to get a new one for around $21k or slightly less. There seems to be a lot of issues with the early 2014 models. Ours certainly has had issues. One piece of advise...Buy it were you plan on getting service done. We attempted service at another dealer, = 2 week waiting list, we service our buyers first statement. = BS.

·
Registered
559 Posts
23,700 USD before tax, title and fees...Recaro's and that's it...no nav, leak roof, no Rado gray

·
Registered
559 Posts
By the way, buying a new car has only one benefit, it's yours from the start...yeah the up front cost sucks big ones, nevermind the monthly payments...but you are the first owner of the car...for me, that was the best part...I did not have to worry about a previous owner who did or did not beat on my whip...Peace of mind I guess...I broke in my FiST the right way, serviced it properly, and it is a nice thing to know....and I can't wait to install the rest of the aftermarket mountune, mishimoto goodies once the spring thaw comes around...that get's me to stage 2....hopefully mountune has their tbe available when the ice melts...and that means Stage 3....anyway good luck with your FiST brother!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'd purchase new. Keep in mind, some people got their cars with $2000+ worth of rebates, so it may not be apples to apples. I've found TrueCar to give the most accurate pricing.
Yes, that's true. Thanks for the tip on TrueCar.

should be able to get a new one for around $21k or slightly less. There seems to be a lot of issues with the early 2014 models. Ours certainly has had issues. One piece of advise...Buy it were you plan on getting service done. We attempted service at another dealer, = 2 week waiting list, we service our buyers first statement. = BS.
That's what I was hoping so I'll see what kind of haggling I can do. As for the service, is this a typical Ford dealership thing? Never owned a Ford, but I can assure you they can't be any worse than Kia dealers!

23,700 USD before tax, title and fees...Recaro's and that's it...no nav, leak roof, no Rado gray.

By the way, buying a new car has only one benefit, it's yours from the start...yeah the up front cost sucks big ones, nevermind the monthly payments...but you are the first owner of the car...for me, that was the best part...I did not have to worry about a previous owner who did or did not beat on my whip...Peace of mind I guess...I broke in my FiST the right way, serviced it properly, and it is a nice thing to know....and I can't wait to install the rest of the aftermarket mountune, mishimoto goodies once the spring thaw comes around...that get's me to stage 2....hopefully mountune has their tbe available when the ice melts...and that means Stage 3....anyway good luck with your FiST brother!
Where are you located and when did you purchase? This makes me feel better about my price. I agree about the new car thing, though the monthly payments between new and used is roughly $40 due to the small price difference between new/used and the new/used interest rates. For such a niche vehicle with this kinda power, I am leery about purchasing used because it may or may not have been broken in properly or serviced regularly. Heck, I even test drove the one I did spiritedly and it wasn't broken in yet.

Thanks all for the replies. If you have anything else to add, feel free to post up.

·
Registered
79 Posts
my is orange Fist, recaro seat, moon roof, premium wheel, and nav for $242000 + tax
so you subtract the price for nav, premium wheel, you should be looking around low $23K range.

·
Registered
42 Posts
FWIW I was able to get 2014 Molten Orange FiST, Recar, premium wheel, and nav for $20k certified pre-own with 3500 on clock.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
my is orange Fist, recaro seat, moon roof, premium wheel, and nav for $242000 + tax
so you subtract the price for nav, premium wheel, you should be looking around low $23K range.
Thanks. Seems like I'm right there then.

FWIW I was able to get 2014 Molten Orange FiST, Recar, premium wheel, and nav for $20k certified pre-own with 3500 on clock.
Lucky you! Not many used let alone certified Orange available (that aren't executive/manufacturer vehicles) right now.

·
Registered
79 Posts
FWIW I would try and find a 2014 leftover. I got my TB FiST with Recaros and Nav for $19,200 after incentives. Obviously you're not getting the newest model year but the cars are identical so you aren't missing out on anything.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
FWIW I would try and find a 2014 leftover. I got my TB FiST with Recaros and Nav for $19,200 after incentives. Obviously you're not getting the newest model year but the cars are identical so you aren't missing out on anything.
Nice deal. Keep in mind that the orange is $595 more than the black one you got.

Also, there are no new 2014s in this configuration anywhere in the country. There is 1 orange/orange 2014 with sunroof but it has the navigation, too. It's also 848 miles away.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Damn! I wish I had seen that car, I went 1000 miles to Cali because it was the only 14 with recaros I could find. I would have bought molten orange in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Picked it up today. $23,549.64 + TTL. Pretty bummed since I ordered the All-Season tires and no front plate bracket, but it came with the summer tires and the bracket. Drove it over 100 miles today. Lots of fun!

·
Registered
559 Posts
Get rid of heavy stock wheels, get Randy's tune (mountuneusa.com) and go out and let your local STi and GTi owners know what is what...don't even taunt Si owners...dead in the water...

·
Registered
161 Posts
Paid $19,000 for my 2014 with Recaro's and Nav.. It was a Certified PreOwned car with 16,700 miles. In excellent condition. Couldn't be happier. 0162ad37f9751652a860b79012f587bd451a487e4f.jpg

·
Registered
161 Posts
Picked it up today. $23,549.64 + TTL. Pretty bummed since I ordered the All-Season tires and no front plate bracket, but it came with the summer tires and the bracket. Drove it over 100 miles today. Lots of fun!

Very nice!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts