Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been eyeballing the purchase of a fiesta st since its creation and might be able to get into on in the not so distant future. I'm mostly interested in buying used because I like the old sync system better than sync 3. That being said as the end of the year approaches I'm not ruling out a 2016 as the incentives may push them into my budget.

My biggest question is how many miles is too many for used? I feel comfortable with Fords reliability overall as I have had a Focus ST and Taurus SHO neither of which had any issues over the time I owned them. And my mom has a Escape ecoboost with over 70k on it and the drivetrain hasn't had any issues.

I found a Black 2014 with ~30k listed at $15,995 but am a bit hesitant due to the fact that these little cars can be abused.

I have also found an orange 2015 with 530 miles on listed at $17,500 but I'm not sold on the color yet.

There is also a black 2015 with 6,000 miles on it but I think they're over priced at $18,000.

All are optioned out identically so I'm largely comparing apples to apples. Any things to look out for on the 2014 with 30k on it? It interests me the most as it's the closest, cheapest, and the right color.

Obviously the orange 2015 wouldn't have much if any issues being at 530 miles and the black 2015 would most likely be safe at only 6k miles.

Thoughts and opinions are appreciated!

·
Registered
30 Posts
IMO it would depend on if the 2014 had any mods done. If it is completely stock with 30k on it, it was likely a daily and probably not abused very much and you should be good. If it has had any modifications it was likely also tuned at one time and could have been abused a bit.

I modded and beat the hell out of my 2014 (when I had her). These cars can take a lot of punishment. I am looking to pick up another 2014 as my daily because I really miss my old one (funest car I ever owned) and might only shy away from 30k if it had mods.

Not a fan of the molten orange (personally)...to flashy. I had a buddy who had that color and it was a ticket magnet. I had an ingot silver, drove like a maniac all the time and had zero tickets.

18k for the 2015 is not bad, but it would depend on features. If it has the Recaro seats and sun roof than 18k is spot or a bit under market value on for 6k miles.

If you can get the Recaro seats DO IT! It was the only regret I had with my old one.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts