Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok turbo experts, Coming from a 440rwhp coyote 182 fwhp doesn't quite do it for me, however the handling and fun behind this little car makes up for it. I got rid of the mustang because I wanted a little pocket rocket.

Currently I'm running 93 OTS, however here's what I'm planning. Let me know if you have any ideas that may help me or possibly something I'm doing wrong. I'd like to note, funds are not an issue. Power goal to start is around 250 fwhp possibly going to 320 fwhp in the long run.

Cobb 2.5 catback
Cobb downpipe
Cobb FMIC
Cobb cold air intake
------------------------
Parts are in testing ^ via Ian @cobb
------------------------
e85 cobb protune (need to know if our fuel systems can support e85 with out injector upgrades). Take peak boost from 21->22psi.
Icenine carbon fiber hood (slight weight reduction)

Depending on the torque rating of the clutch I may need to upgrade it. I think the hardest part will be finding aftermarket clutches for US spec b6 mk7 fiesta.
Also I've considered swapping out the kp39 to something just slightly bigger to keep turbo lag to a min, but capable of upgrading to 320 fwhp.
I've encountered the possibility of popping the block, but if it comes to that I'll get a new short block and have it sleeved (Hopefully it doesn't come to that).

If things go right I'm thinking 6-8k. If anyone has some tips for me achieving my power goals more efficiently I'd love to hear them! Besides my 13' MS3 this is my 2nd turbo car.

Thanks!

·
Registered
946 Posts
I hear ya, came from a 118mph coyote myself. As for the bigger turbo route, its all just speculation at best at this point man. Hard to say what issues will pop up and where weak points are etc. Like has been said in many threads, a GTX28RS on the corn should be a pretty easy recipe for 300+whp at modest boost. Then you run into pump/injector limits, and like you said who knows what the clutch will handle. The thing I'd want most going that route is the torque-vectoring bs out of the equation, can't stand it even on the stock setup!

I think the hardest thing for me with this car is, coming from mustangs you have every part known to man readily available and about 10 different versions of it with tried and true setups. This car, is like foreign land and unknown with a whole lot of "what ifs".

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
I personally came from a 437awhp speed6

I read we have the same clutch as thr focus ST, it felt identical when I drive my friends, so I believe it.
I agree with 94Gt5.0, that's the turbo id pick if I ever upgraded.
It's hard to say what the limits of this fuel system are, in the mazdaspeed world you just had to replace the fuel pump internals and you were good for 400whp. So we won't know until someone does it

Oh, and your certainly going to have to swap the turbo to even break the 250whp mark.
Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
678 Posts
Yeah, if you want big power like that, you'll have to plan for a turbo upgrade.

The question isn't the funds so much as how much of a guinea pig you can be. Can you go without a car for a couple of weeks if something happens? If that's no barrier, then I'm very excited to see where this goes.

I'd add water/meth injection.

Reactions: Colin1337

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, if you want big power like that, you'll have to plan for a turbo upgrade.

The question isn't the funds so much as how much of a guinea pig you can be. Can you go without a car for a couple of weeks if something happens? If that's no barrier, then I'm very excited to see where this goes.

I'd add water/meth injection.
Another reason I swapped from mustang to the fiesta was to make room in my garage for a motorcycle. Getting my m class in a few weeks so if the fiesta is in the shop (leathal performance or jms tuning), I'll ride the bike I guess.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Good call - one of the advantages I got from trading in my 14 Mustang was a bigger parking space to fit more bikes :). Now I have 2 CBR600s in my spot with my, and the Buell in the other spot with the girlfriends Element (don't judge)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts