Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I want to get the Quaife LSD ATB installed on my 2015 FiST. Looking to find someone trustworthy in Houston area. Probably a long shot, but thought I would ask anyway.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi,

I want to get the Quaife LSD ATB installed on my 2015 FiST. Looking to find someone trustworthy in Houston area. Probably a long shot, but thought I would ask anyway.
Try Kozmic Motorsports. I talked to them a year ago and they said I could bring the car or pull the transmission myself. I haven't done it yet. Thought I would wait until the clutch needs replacing. They sound like they know what they're doing, however I don't know of any referrals. The labor was $1000 plus if I remember, so buy your own parts, oil, everything.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Try Kozmic Motorsports. I talked to them a year ago and they said I could bring the car or pull the transmission myself. I haven't done it yet. Thought I would wait until the clutch needs replacing. They sound like they know what they're doing, however I don't know of any referrals. The labor was $1000 plus if I remember, so buy your own parts, oil, everything.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They quoted me $700. Sounded like they’ve done it before. Just ordered it from Mountune.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update - Car is currently getting LSD installed at Kozmic. Of course nothing is ever easy. Needed new throw out bearing and slave cylinder. Went ahead and got the clutch replaced as well. 70k miles on car. And the rear engine mount bolt sheared in half and got stuck in the casing. Fun times. the $700 was for bringing the transmission in only. Bringing the car in is more money for them to remove and replace the transmission. That plus all the extras will be a nice bill. Oh well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Update - Car is currently getting LSD installed at Kozmic. Of course nothing is ever easy. Needed new throw out bearing and slave cylinder. Went ahead and got the clutch replaced as well. 70k miles on car. And the rear engine mount bolt sheared in half and got stuck in the casing. Fun times. the $700 was for bringing the transmission in only. Bringing the car in is more money for them to remove and replace the transmission. That plus all the extras will be a nice bill. Oh well. View attachment 15168
Damn, that sucks. Hopefully an easy out will get it. A little never seize on the new bolt? Thanks for the update.
Let us know how it all turns out... it's got to be worth it. I used a Mountune rear motor mount on mine along Powerflex
"street" inserts on the other two mounts. Then I had to replace every exhaust hanger one at a time over the next year, so do them all at once!
Jim

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Finally installed. Been fairly easy on it so far. But had a couple brisk accelerations. Absolutely no torque steer. Feels awesome. Now to test at the next rallycross. My poor bank account. Lol.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts