Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

Question on heated seats

12K views 22 replies 15 participants last post by  Dikodixon 
#1 ·
I asked in another thread and determined that the heated seats in the FiST are both the set bottom and seat back. What I didn't think to ask is whether the heat is variable. In my VW, there were 5 steps, in the MINI, three. In SWMBO's regular Fiesta it's just on/off. :mad: And just the bottom, to boot! :mad::mad: What is it in the FiST? Thx.

#3 ·
yup heated bottom and back is either ON or OFF (no settings)

#5 ·
Well in all fairness, it's a cheap car :) I don't mean that in a bad way, but they had a bucket of money to allocate towards turning the based Fiesta into the ST. I think they spent it well and delivered a lot of car for the money. I don't understand why people buy a $23k car that delivers a ton of performance and then complain about a few cut corners....what did you expect?

And to the credit of the seat heaters; they heat up faster than any other bum warmers I've had in a car.

#10 ·
Well in all fairness, it's a cheap car :) I don't mean that in a bad way, but they had a bucket of money to allocate towards turning the based Fiesta into the ST. I think they spent it well and delivered a lot of car for the money. I don't understand why people buy a $23k car that delivers a ton of performance and then complain about a few cut corners....what did you expect?
I think that beyond a "luxury" car, we all expect to see where the manufacturer makes cost-based decisions. What I don't like is seeing where the answer to those choices can so easily be identified as cheaping out. Two rheostats are more expensive than two switches, sure. But what? $5? When the technology and parts already exist in other Ford models?

Since I've had a car with heated seats, I've made the determination that they're on my "must have" list. My car is the one that's outside at night, so I use the bun warmers to get me warm until the climate control starts making heat. Not having the ability to vary the seat temp is a big negative for me.

#7 ·
Being in Arizona, and seeing MAYBE 30 degrees at the coldest during the winter, ive never had heated seats till now. I turned it on the other day when it was about 38 out and it cooked my back and ass within a minute or two and I had to shut it off. I don't get very cold, im fat so well insulated, and I think ill never really use the heated seats unless I travel to northern AZ where it gets into the single digits.

#8 ·
Arizona weather is different than here in the Mid Atlantic, but I like the seat heaters when it's spring and fall evenings and I can have the windows down (which I like) and still keep warm. It's also nice for long car trips regardless of season if your back gets sore.

#9 ·
Yeah way different for sure, you guys are frozen right now and its gonna be 65 here today. We pay the penalty in the summer, and lack of 93 octane.

#13 ·
SWMBO's regular Fiesta has the stoopid bottom-only heat, and it's so feeble, she's convinced half the time that it doesn't work. I've got a heated saddle on the motorcycle, too. That heats up right now, and operates through a digital rheostat with maybe eight steps. I've never had it over "2"

#20 ·
I like em. I need them to be super hot because if it is cold enough that I'm going to be using seat heaters, I'm probably already wearing a couple layers. On some other cars I've been in the heaters work well for just a shirt but I can't feel much if I'm wearing long underwear, a shirt, and a jacket.

#22 ·
Yup. I still have anxiety attacks after drilling out the front bracket through the bumper.
I could see a switch under the dash, just within reach to change the temp. I wouldn't consider that arm rest compartment. Ever try to connect the USB cable inside that thing? The Recaro bolstering is like a body cast and I can't even see down there let alone reach the sockets.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.