Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else had any problems with the radio? Every now and then my radio just turns off and won't respond for about 5-10 seconds. It will eventually let me turn in back on but I just think that it's weird. :confused:

·
Registered
587 Posts
That is really weird. Does it actually turn off completely? Or does like the XM/GPS just stop?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just the radio. The phone, compass, and date don't turn off. I have to hit the power button for it to turn back on.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Sounds like you need to talk to the dealer. Short/Janky fuse/Relay issue, who knows. Usually the radio only does that if a power issue is arising somewhere in the audio system. Do you have any add-ons at all on your car? Speakers/Amp/Subs/Electrical/etc?

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have an issue where when I turn my car on XM doesn't work until I switch sources and switch back, but I just figure it's a My Ford Touch issue.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't use XM much. I don't really like the quality. I'll take in to Ford when I get a chance.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

·
Registered
369 Posts
Have you guys checked for updates? When i got my car there was a sync update that needed to be done immediately. Took about 30 mins to do in my drive way with a thumb drive. Really helped improve Sync

·
Registered
17 Posts
also, if you have your phone plugged into one of the USB ports on start up, there is a little confusion in the head unit as it tries to read the phone as an external HD. Mine works best if I plug in my phone after startup.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts