Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone here leased a FiST? I am about to sign onto a 2-year lease and was wondering what some of you guys might be paying monthly and down payment-wise. Also, I am fully aware of the pros/cons to leasing vs. purchasing, so please don't try to convince me otherwise! Thanks guys :cool:

·
Registered
170 Posts
The dealer I went to did not offer a lease on my FiST.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Has anyone here leased a FiST? I am about to sign onto a 2-year lease and was wondering what some of you guys might be paying monthly and down payment-wise. Also, I am fully aware of the pros/cons to leasing vs. purchasing, so please don't try to convince me otherwise! Thanks guys :cool:
It will ultimately depend on two things. Your credit score and how good you are at negotiating the OTD price of the vehicle. With that said, we put down $2500 and have a $250 payment every month (39 month lease). Most people who lease don't bother negotiating the price of the car and end up paying too much.

Reactions: Kennethver

·
Registered
923 Posts
The dealer I went to did not offer a lease on my FiST.
Typically you have to have a credit score of 675-680 or higher to qualify for a lease, depending on your region. All Ford dealerships have leases available from FMC.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Strange, I have very good credit and the numbers they gave me on a 24 month lease were $299/mo for $3k down, $277/mo for $3.5k down, and $255/mo for $4k down here in Southern California. The OTD price of the car is roughly 24k. These numbers seem pretty high to me, seeing as they also offered a 36 month lease for $270 a month, with $3k down. That's $500 more down that you paid, yet $20 more per month.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
923 Posts
Strange, I have very good credit and the numbers they gave me on a 24 month lease were $299/mo for $3k down, $277/mo for $3.5k down, and $255/mo for $4k down here in Southern California. The OTD price of the car is roughly 24k. These numbers seem pretty high to me, seeing as they also offered a 36 month lease for $270 a month, with $3k down. That's $500 more down that you paid, yet $20 more per month.

Any ideas?
I paid $22,000 OTD price... I don't negotiate the price of the car, I let the dealers give their best OTD price and let them fight it out between themselves. lol. lol Also, it's important to note your residual "balance" at the end of your lease (purchase option). :p My wife's credit rating is a combined 792. Not sure how much difference that makes though... :confused:

·
Registered
923 Posts
You have to be very careful when signing a lease. Dealers like to quote your down and monthly WITHOUT taking in account the actual OTD price of the vehicle. Always negotiate the OTD price of the vehicle first before letting them know whether you are going to purchase or lease. It get's even worse if you are trading a vehicle (do SEPARATE negotiations for BOTH cars). Also beware that dealer add-ons will also jack up your lease quotes as well. ;)

·
Registered
300 Posts
You have to be very careful when signing a lease. Dealers like to quote your down and monthly WITHOUT taking in account the actual OTD price of the vehicle. Always negotiate the OTD price of the vehicle first before letting them know whether you are going to purchase or lease. It get's even worse if you are trading a vehicle (do SEPARATE negotiations for BOTH cars). Also beware that dealer add-ons will also jack up your lease quotes as well. ;)
Are you keeping all your OEM parts for bringing it back to stock when you turn it in? Or are you buying at the end of the lease?

·
Registered
158 Posts
I got mine for a great deal. With incentives got the price reduced to 23,400 roughly with Recaro's, Molten Orange color and Rado Gray wheel option. No moon roof or navigation. 36 month and 12,000 miles a year. Traded in my 2003 Saab 9-5 Linear 2.3 five speed manual. Talked them into giving me 5k on trade I believe, put 4 towards the FiST and took 1k cash back with nothing down out of pocket. Paying 225/mo

·
Registered
5 Posts
I plan on leasing myself. According to Ford website taking a base ST without any added options ($$$), using current $750 rebate, would be $3054 down and $186/mo for the next 23 months = $7332 (which takes into account paying tax, title and tags separately). I plan on putting only tax, title a license down and nothing else so I would expect to pay $7332/24 = $305. The reason I do not put money down: in the unfortunate chance I get into a wreck, insurance does not cover the down payment. Gap + insurance covers what you still owe on the car and pays it off.

I also plan on doing the x-plan pricing through the stock option choice by purchasing stocks later this month, which means I'll have to wait 6-7 more months before I can close the deal. Perhaps more incentives will be available by then. Hopefully dealer inventory will also increase, because it's hard to find 1 in a 50 mile radius.

·
Registered
82 Posts
My lease is going down like this:
36 months 10,500 miles/ year
X-plan (partner) pricing.
$1000 down, transfer tag, and no dealer fees.
Only option is Recaro seats.
Monthly payments after tax are $315.76

Edit: The Finance manager had the original contract drawn with a new tag, and as I transferred my tag, my payments ended up at only $304.91

·
Registered
923 Posts
Are you keeping all your OEM parts for bringing it back to stock when you turn it in? Or are you buying at the end of the lease?
Yes, I've kept all my stock parts. I may or may not purchase at the end of the lease. Depends on if there is a new/better FiST available. heh :p

Reactions: G-Man

·
Registered
14 Posts
After getting prices from a couple dealers, I was happy with the 3rd try. I wanted just a 2 year lease with the 10,500 mile option. With the Recaros, wheels, and roof ($25,300 sticker), I got this deal: $850 down, and $259/mo for 23 months. That includes tax, title, destination, all dealer fees, etc. I think I got a pretty fair deal after a couple hours of negotiating. It likely helped it was Super Bowl Sunday.

·
Registered
5 Posts
After getting prices from a couple dealers, I was happy with the 3rd try. I wanted just a 2 year lease with the 10,500 mile option. With the Recaros, wheels, and roof ($25,300 sticker), I got this deal: $850 down, and $259/mo for 23 months. That includes tax, title, destination, all dealer fees, etc. I think I got a pretty fair deal after a couple hours of negotiating. It likely helped it was Super Bowl Sunday.
Wow that is a great deal send that dealer my way I'm in corona, ca

Best deal I'm able to work out is $1750 down (able rebate cash) 281/ month for 36 months and 12k miles. Residual value is 12788 only option is moonroof

·
Registered
71 Posts
I am on a 2 year lease, 10,500 per year, $2000 down, $208 a month. No Recaros or Nav, but Rado Wheels and Sunroof. According to the Ford Website the lease at those terms should have been $205 per month, but most dealers quoted me some ridiculous price...like $400 a month. I understand that prices vary, but if Ford says you can get it for $205 then please explain why your local price is twice that? No one had a good answer. So I shopped until I found one dealer who said they could honor the online price. They explained what the slight increase was for (I can't remember now but it was logical) and I was on my way. Look it up online and shop until you get that deal.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Had a 2011 Focus SEL. Owed $21k worth $16k.....��. So I went in with a $5k disadvantage. This was Sept 2013, so the FiST was just out. Put $7k down on an Ingot Silver stock seat, sunroof.

24 month lease, $226/month, $21,500 sticker.

Going to buy at the end of the lease.....love this car. Buy-out in September 2015 shows around $14k on the contract.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Got my deal today

2015 Oxford white Fiesta
Recaros
Navi
Moon roof

MSRP $25,325
Agreed Value $24,793

$764 Paid in Cash
$2250 Rebate Cash
$273 a month or $297 with Tax for 36 months
$14,456 is Residual "buyout"

Probably could of gotten a little bit lower with some more haggling but this was the best price after going back and forth with a few dealers

·
Registered
272 Posts
For sure could have got lower. But congrats on the car!

$10,692 after all lease payments with $14,456 residual makes it $25,148.

Where did the $3014 down payment go? What was your net cap?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ill have to take a look the deal was ok pretty much got the car at invoice.

On a side note if anyone is looking for a performance blue loaded fiesta with Recaro package reach out mccoy ford in fullerton. Ask for Mike white and tell them josh sent you

Lease deal on that is as follows
23995 agreed value
$1000 down
$1250 rebate
$299 a month with tax included

Actually a much better deal than mine but I wanted white

1 - 20 of 22 Posts