Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

· Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I briefly mentioned this in another thread (vs the civic si discussion) but I wanted to pose the question to everybody.

Can anybody get the adjustable cargo floor to lay flat in the bottom position?

mine is up on about a 25-30 degree angle, canti-levered over the spare tire, with no support under the front half of it.
When any load/pressure is applied to it, it "bends" over the spare tire, and looks like it will clearly snap in half if i put anything on top of it.
Am I just doing it wrong? Am I missing something?
I looked in the manual, and it is no help, just a shoddy sketch of it.

· Registered
361 Posts
I'll check this out a little later today.

· Registered
635 Posts
Huh, you mean the false floor above the tire or the stupid little cargo cover that feels like it's made out of recycled cardboard?

· Registered
361 Posts
I tried it on my break. Similar result as you, mongoose. I think we have a larger spare than the regular fiesta, so it may not work...

Sent from my RM-940_nam_att_200 using Tapatalk

· Registered
40 Posts
To lower the cargo floor:
you take it out of the top position
you then put it into the lower position - putting the cutout notch where the seat support is
you then pull it back straight and flat and it goes under the bumper lip - takes a good tug to get it back into that position
it will lay perfectly flat over the tire but you will have a 2" space between the cargo floor and the bottom of the seat.
some folks put a swimming noodle there to make it look better.

· Registered
361 Posts
I wouldn't want to put a lot of weight on it, although in the upper position it holds up to my major grocery runs, so it's not that flimsy. But bending, contrary to what Bender says, is not always good.

Sent from my RM-940_nam_att_200 using Tapatalk

· Registered
361 Posts
I may have to tinker with it more. I was outside on a short break.

· Registered
2 Posts
TLRacer has the correct method. I was planning to paint the exposed sheet metal in front of the panel black but I had some 2" black foam rubber sheeting that I filled the gap with. It looks much more trimmed out now.

· Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wow. Just moved it down. My umbrella and ice scraper actually fit under it in the lowered position, and my emergency tp fits in the side cubby. I have a moving blanket folded flat that I can flip up over the rear seats/up the sides and doors for protection. It's much better now. Thanks guys. I feel dumb lol

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

· Registered
153 Posts
I pulled the two gray plastic brackets off (just one screw on each side) and now the floor lays down on top of the spare without having to fight it and position it just so.

· Vendor
418 Posts
Ran out to my car to take some pictures!

Ian

Tray in the lower position:

Ford Fiesta cargo mat from eBay (couldn't find it at a dealership!) over the tray in the lower position:

Part number from the tray:

· Registered
163 Posts
That looks clean with the tray on top.

· Registered
127 Posts
I just tried this - the Ford OEM Fiesta ST cargo mat (which I have) will NOT fit when the shelf is in the lower position...I think I remember reading somewhere that the ST wasn't meant to have the two-position shelf in the cargo area...the cut of the mat seems to back that up. It is different from the mat shown above (it says ST on it).

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.