Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I don't have my Fiesta ST yet, but have ordered a US-Spec car to be delivered in England. One issue is that I will need a rear fog light in order to pass inspection here. I am worried that a mechanic is going to screw an extra light to the underside of my bumper and run a wire to a new switch put on the dashboard. I used to drive a US-Spec VW GTI and that had a place in the taillight housings already for rear fog light bulbs. I just put some bulbs in the factory sockets and replaced the headlight switch with a euro-style switch for the same car. It worked great. Would I be able to do something like this with the Fiesta ST?

·
Registered
2,235 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I'm going to be honest, I have no freaking idea, but why bring a US spec to UK?
I am an American and travel internationally every couple years for my job. I prefer driving on a certain side of the car and shifting with my right hand. Also, it is easier for me to get financing through a US-based dealership, since I have no UK credit.

As for the rear fog lamp, its pretty much the same thing as a brake light, except with its own separate control on the dashboard.

ETA: I understand that this is a new car for the US and most people here haven't done much with it yet, but, if I can figure out a way to do this mod nicely, I will add some pictures.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Puting in a euro headlight switch may do the trick
I think this will work great for implementing separate controls for both front and rear fog, but I will need to wire the pins for the rear fog on the euro-switch to a light somewhere on the rear of the car. I am hoping that I can find a way to put it in the red bumper reflectors or even possibly add an extra bulb to one of the rear taillights. I can't find any pictures of what the 2014 european fiesta st rear fogs look like, but I imagine that they are done in a similar way to this earlier model:

I don't think the US model has a bumper that allows this. I would have to find a way to get a bulb in there... or I could possibly put an extra bulb underneath where the turn signal and reverse lights are. Something like this:

This could be the cleanest and best looking way to do it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i think the rear fog will be on the left side maybe just a blub change will do it aswell
I hope so! That would be easy. I don't have the car yet though, but will certainly check to see if the US model is the same and only needs a bulb and euro-switch. Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Looking at pictures, it looks like the lower reflectors are the same shape between both cars. Following initial research, it looks like the two might be swappable. If you (we) are lucky, the wiring might already be in place, too.

·
Registered
110 Posts
On another forum another member said he'd bought rear fog lights from a Euro Focus ST and found that they were a different size and that there was no pre-installed wiring.

·
Registered
556 Posts
On another forum another member said he'd bought rear fog lights from a Euro Focus ST and found that they were a different size and that there was no pre-installed wiring.
That sucks.

My 5G Prelude was prewired for fogs. Just had to get the switch and front harness, which was all plug'n'play.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts