Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i've been reading up on a rear motor mount for my Fiesta ST, just wondering what you guys recommend and do i need to add this to my insurance, if so what would category would it be under, thanks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I got the Cobb rear motor mount, before installing it the front of the car was starting to feel weird as like my suspension was on it's way out and the engine slop was really bad.. after installing it all those strange movement's are gone completely, the front feels a lot more solid and the gear shifting is a lot nicer too.

IMO you shouldn't need to add it to your insurance. I'm in Australia and I'm not actually sure I even I'm meant to do that but as it's only an engine mount and not something that really changes any kind of safety in the car or handling.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my Mi MIX 2S using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've heard good things about the Cobb mount and that's probably the one i'll be going with, i will double check with the insurance company can never be too careful, thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a Cobb. Much better wheel control and shifting. Small increase in NVH at low rpm. The little bit of vibration at idle just adds to the feeling of sportiness imo. Like a V8 with a hot cam but more refined.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts