Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I just wanted to gather some opinions on how to properly care for the RECARO's. Particularly the cloth section of the seats. Has anyone used Scotch Guard or anything else of the like?

Thanks for the feedback.

·
Registered
269 Posts
At least one guy here has Scotch Guarded the cloth sections. Use care not to get it on the leather.

To maintain the leather bolsters I'd suggest making sure you treat the leather regularly with conditioner.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I Scotchgarded mine a few days after I got my car in the beginning of October. Read on a post someone taped everything off and then sprayed. I just used an old shirt to cover the leather and wiped any off that I over sprayed. I've had exactly zero leather discoloration and the Scotchgard has saved some stains that my 8 year old would have made :p

Sent from my Note 2 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks for the responses! Didn't think about taping off the leather, I will definitely do that. I will pick up some Scotch Guard after work.

Cinderbike, do you mind sharing where you got your rubber floor mats? Also, is trunk floor mat fitted without the false floor?

EDIT: Nevermind. Found the floor mats and trunk liner on Ebay.

·
Registered
162 Posts
The cargo mat only fits with the false floor in place. The regular Fiesta liner will work in the lower position (but not the top). So you have to decide which one to get.

I got my mats through Tasca Ford, they were the cheapest place I found.

·
Registered
51 Posts
i did two coats of the scotch gard. first was light to medium sprays. the second time after 1 hour as it was a hot day in melbourne. yes cover all the leather bits and had a wet cloth handy to wipe off all that came in contact with the plastic trims. used up approximately little more than a can..

·
Registered
54 Posts
I didn't get around to scotch guarding my seats and the tint guy put a water stain on my driver's seat(the cloth part). Any ideas on how or what to use to clean it? thanks in advance.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I started taping mine but found it time consuming so instead I moistened all the surrounding leather with water then sprayed the scotch guard on the fabric and wiped any overspray on the leather with a fairly damp cloth and dried with a towel----leather looks fine and it was much faster!

·
Registered
587 Posts
I had the dealer score me a deal on their protection package (basically free, normally $1200). It's pretty sweet, they sealed the cloth parts and cream sealed the leather. They sealed the paint as well. You could spill red wine on the seats and its go right into the seat and not stain the exterior. It was raining pretty hard the other day and I watched a water bead fall off my face and roll down the cloth. The bonus to all of this is that if the paint gets an issue bird poop, etc or if the interior starts to fade/wear improperly the pro pac will repair/replace what went bad. Meaning if I get sun fade ( or a few other things ) in 5 years or less they have to repaint the entire panel and or car.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I can not get ANYTHING to stick to the pleather on these Recaro seats so that I can seal the cloth portions except for duct tape….and the duct tape leaves its adhesive residue on the seats. I've tried both blue and green tape and both won't stick for anything! Advice?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Same thing I experienced. Just used an old shirt to cover the leather with one hand and sprayed with the other and immediately wiped off the over spray. Come to think about it, I might need to do reapply it again. It's been since October. Thanks!

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
129 Posts
Same thing I experienced. Just used an old shirt to cover the leather with one hand and sprayed with the other and immediately wiped off the over spray. Come to think about it, I might need to do reapply it again. It's been since October. Thanks!

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk
Thank you for your reply. However, I think I got it "figured" it out….sorta :confused: I wiped off all the ℗leather portions of the seats with a damp cloth and then went back and reapplied the tape. While it didn't stick perfectly by ANY MEANS, it did adhere a bit better, allowing me the opportunity to spray the seats REALLY well. Then, I removed the tape quickly and used that same damp cloth to wipe the very little bit of overspray that made its way onto the ℗leather portions of the seats. I found that while the Scotchgard dries fairly quickly into the cloth portion of the seats, it actually is pretty forgiving in the time it takes to dry onto the rest of the seat, allowing you plenty of time to wipe it off. So yeah, I put one good layer on the bottoms of all seats yesterday and the fronts of both front seat Recaro head rests. Today, I'll probably go out and put a second good coat on everything again. BTW, are y'all doing the upright portions of the seats too, or just the bottoms. I fig'd on only doing the bottoms…...

·
Registered
587 Posts
I highly recommend the Chemical Guys leather cleaner. It will bring your seats to life.

·
Registered
129 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Well this stuff will not shine it up and it will make it smell like legit leather.

If you want the nice deep shine go for the super shine stuff. I reviewed all of this in my chemical thread.

They both work really well.

·
Registered
41 Posts
So. Somehow I have a small 1mm diameter) section where the leather just sort came off. Not a hole, not really a tear, but some kind if indication. How do I fix it? Leather dye? Does anyone have a match for our color?

·
Registered
129 Posts
So. Somehow I have a small 1mm diameter) section where the leather just sort came off. Not a hole, not really a tear, but some kind if indication. How do I fix it? Leather dye? Does anyone have a match for our color?
Upholstery repair shop? If you lived in Central Texas, I could recommend specifically….

·
Registered
7 Posts
What brand or type of scotch guard are you buying exactly? Would you mind sharing a link? For example when I look on amazon there are "upholstery and fabric" versions vs "auto," which one did you use?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts