Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone get red calipers with the ebony upgraded wheels? Mine came with silver calipers. Negotiating with dealer about it now.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I actually got red calipers without the wheel upgrade, no idea why.

Definitely check with your dealer though, they should be included with the wheel package.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It appears the Ford assembly plant did wheels and brakes backwards from their sales brochures on the 2016s. From what I have been hearing and reading, the silver wheels are arriving with red calipers while the black wheels have unpainted calipers. Not sure what the resolution will be.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I noticed the same thing, website shows black wheel option with red calipers, but have yet to see that on a car. They're all backwards.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It seems to be a widespread issue. I can't believe marketing and production didn't talk at all. Wonder what will happen?

·
Registered
3 Posts
The gray wheels that became standard this year were an option in 2015. Part of that option pkg included red calipers. It appears Ford left the same code in the system that tells the assembly line what parts to install during a build. So, the gray wheel code calls for the red calipers and they get installed with the wheels, this time as standard equipment for 2016. They added a new code for the black wheels and didn't include the red calipers in the black wheel option. It's either laziness, or a simple oversight. Ford should have generated a new code for the standard gray wheels without the red calipers and either added the red calipers to the black wheel option, or, forgotten about them altogether.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have the Rado Gray wheels and my 2016 FiST came with the red calipers to begin with.

·
Registered
6 Posts
So has this issue been resolved yet? I actually think the red calipers should be standard as they dress up the wheels nicely - regardless of wheel color.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts