Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
This is most excellent, thanks!

For a very reasonable cost you have opened up the doors to a vastly greater selection of wheels to choose from!

And, known quality work is an obvious result with your skill level:)

Rick

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I most certainly recommend it!

I love having 15x9, roll formed, 13lb wheels that cost $134 each and having a set of 17x7, 16.8lb, $110 each street wheels with superb all season tires that are good for rainy track days as well.

225/45/15 track tires that fit with just a bit of fender rolling, front and rear, race team take offs that are fresh rubber, $370 a set shipped.....on 9" wide wheels for great sidewall support.

Tons of wheel choices you simply cannot find in 4x108 stock bolt pattern.

Go for it!
Rick

Reactions: landwomble

·
Registered
248 Posts
how easy is this to do guys? is there a DIY on this topic thats been posted up already?
i'd be extremely interested to do this as i particularly like the way the car looks on 15's with meaty tires as a DD wheel from the pics i've seen so far (not to mention ride quality would be a bit better too). i prefer the way it looks over 17s.
Run Gunner i would jump on the offer of you doing it for me, but unfortunately i live in canada :(

its either i do this or wait till more wheels are offered over the next year and see whats available in our bolt pattern next summer, OR maybe a group buy will pop up at some point! :D

·
Registered
19 Posts
Well, let me know. The easiest way is just to buy new hubs and rotors to redrill, and then just swap em. That's just spendy. Even if they come out with more wheels, they are most likely going to be expensive or sub par. There are probably more wheel choices for 4x100 than any other pattern in the world.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hondas are 4x100, right? Rotas good? I'm a wheel retard...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, Hondas are the main example of 4x100. There are/were many other companies that used the pattern too.

Rotas are great. I use 15x7 Rota Slipstreams on my focus. They are very light, and look great too.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey guys. For those interested, I am offering a full bolt on setup for a 4x100 conversion. It is all brand new FoMoCo parts, and will be drilled and ready to go.

Cost will be $400 shipped

Kit will contain:

4 new ford hubs
2 new ford front rotors
2 new ford rear rotors
(All will be drilled for 4x100 and also have the stock pattern too.)

I can press the studs in either pattern, or leave them out for you to chose. With this kit you would re-use your factory bearings. I can also give you a price with new ford bearings.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Rotas Slipstreams are pretty good wheels, lots of history of hard core use.

I am not sure about their other wheels. I have used quite a few Rota wheels and have seen a few cracked and more than one broken one on track from driving the curbs, etc....The Slipstreams are probably the only ones I would use now, this is coming from a one time big Rota fan.

You can get quite a few really good wheels now that are very low in weight and cost effective to boot.

-----------------------------------------

Perhaps you can offer a kit price with the bearings in place so it really is a bolt on affair?

Have you considered a core charge deal where you can ship out a complete kit, they install it and send their parts to you to inspect and reuse them?

·
Registered
556 Posts
I need this in my life!

I have so many 4x100 wheels from my Hondas.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Do it!

I did and paid double what Gun charges so this is a great deal!

Rick

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
I am going to sell my complete stock brakes, 293 miles, going BBK front and rear now, my rotors are already drilled so it would be cool to go to a new owner getting theirs done and have spares.....

Whole new world of wheels or use what you have for a very low cost......one of best mods you can do for the money:)

·
Registered
556 Posts
Getting close to pulling the trigger.

Let me know if you change anything about what you are offering before the end of the year.

[email protected]

·
Registered
19 Posts
Here you go, full conversion to 4x100. All brand new Motorcraft/Ford parts, now able to run 4x100 or 4x108 wheels. All this shipped to your door for $420!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 40 of 49 Posts