Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am seriously considering buying a 2014 fiesta st. My only concern is the long term reliability. I have heard mixed reviews on these cars. Some say they are great others hate them. I just want to know what everyone thinks. I am from the US so I don't know if the build quality in the US is different. Has anyone had any serious problems with it? How many miles does everyone have? Anything I should look out for? I want to make sure that the first new car I buy is going to be a good long lasting fun car.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Reactions: Pelotonracer2

·
Registered
269 Posts
Only two bad things i ever heard about the Fiesta In general was the No "OFF" for traction control on early model years and the Auto Transmission can be a problematic wear item when the clutch packs wear out and are on back order through Ford.. other wise it is a strudy little car and if you want FUN factor get the ST it will not let you down.. but then i am bias towards it .. lol
The ST does allow the traction control to be fully defeated as far as I can tell.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Reactions: Pelotonracer2

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ford just does not seem to have a good quality rating right now. I really like the car and will probably get it. I just want to make sure sit is going to last. The guy who hated it said the one he bought had a door handle that was unfinished and in the wrong paint color. He also said his drives seat broke. Something about a metal and plastic grinding sound. He said he is concerned about falling through the floor boards. Personally I think he is way over reacting. Either way I wanted to see if anyone has had any problems small or big.? Unfortunately I am a large bodied person as in broad shoulders so the recaros had to go. I wanted to love them and they look great but I could not get into a comfortable position.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I know this isn't the place to ask but while I am posting I was curious to see if anyone knows if there will be a BOV option? That's about the only thing I thought was missing from this car. Would love to put a good one on so I could hear it loud and clear

·
Registered
946 Posts
Ford just does not seem to have a good quality rating right now. I really like the car and will probably get it. I just want to make sure sit is going to last. The guy who hated it said the one he bought had a door handle that was unfinished and in the wrong paint color. He also said his drives seat broke. Something about a metal and plastic grinding sound. He said he is concerned about falling through the floor boards. Personally I think he is way over reacting. Either way I wanted to see if anyone has had any problems small or big.? Unfortunately I am a large bodied person as in broad shoulders so the recaros had to go. I wanted to love them and they look great but I could not get into a comfortable position.
Ford doesn't have good quality right now? Lol, that's news to me! They've upped their game substantially the last few years. They even passed Toyota in quality some years back..

·
Registered
1,150 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
There's no stand out build quality issues on mine. In fact, it is the first of many new cars I've bought to not have any rattles/loose trim pieces develop immediately after taking it off the lot. I don't think anyone can make a call on long term mechanical reliability...it's too new.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Keep in mind, a lot of the "reliability issues" people will bring up are related to people taking their car in to Ford for issues related to My Ford Touch.

I put my money where my mouth was and bought a Focus ST and a Fiesta ST as soon as it was available, so far with almost 10k miles on the Focus and 3k on the Fiesta I've had one issue (MFT froze, fixed it myself) but aside from that, construction quality is high for the money and the cars are doing great.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Being as the OP was asking about long term of the Fiesta given the ST is only a new model little data may be available as of this writing ;) That is why i added the over all Fiesta line up issues i have heard of to date.. Yes IMHO stay with a Manual transmission (6 speed of course) and no problemo's
Yes but the same car has been available in other places for almost two full years (if you look at release dates). I haven't heard of any problems... yet. :)

·
Registered
923 Posts
Does anyone here have a FiST without the recaro seats? I want to see how comfortable or uncomfortable the cloth seats are.
I have a non Recaro FiST. The seats are much more comfortable (my opinion) but they don't hold you like the Recaros do when you throw the car around. The standard seats are very comfortable on longer trips.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Gotta agree with this, early 2000's fords were garbage. A considerable amount better now..
Oh I don't know... my 2003 Ford Focus SVT was very reliable. I didn't start to have any issues at all until I hit 108,000 miles. I was the second owner so I have no idea how the car was treated when new but I put 75,000 trouble free miles on it. :D

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Yes but the same car has been available in other places for almost two full years (if you look at release dates). I haven't heard of any problems... yet. :)
Mmm ok i didn't think they started building the EU version ST in Germany till early Jan/Feb This year and started in Mexico after July this year .. But its all good as no real complaints other than a few isolated odd factory things ..

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
411 Posts
I have had a Focus for a while as well as the Fiesta. No problems with either Vehicle so far, but the Aussie cars are assembled in Germany.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts