Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

41 - 60 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Its almost on all windows
Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk 2
Wow, that's worse then my '14 Fiesta Titanium I traded in on my ST. That's the first thing I looked at when purchasing my ST. Mine is free from wrinkles and bubbles.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I took mine to the local dealer. They offered to replace it under warranty if I could not get it to lay down on my own after letting it sit the sun for a while. Since I'm not sure how well they will redo it, I figured I might as well try first.

Also had to have a rear interior door panel replaced due to a manufacturing defect in the hard black plastic piece behind the armrest/handle.

·
Registered
88 Posts
After having the car just 5 months, I did a close inspection after my last detailing. The hood and front bumper are TORN UP with chips from rocks. Very noticeable and ugly blemishes. Idk how thin the paint is that they're applying but it clearly can't handle daily highway driving :\

·
Registered
587 Posts
Ska I said the same damn thing.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Got a new Chevy once, and one of the big bolts in the front suspension didn't have a nut on it. The reason being, the bolt wasn't threaded! Just used the bolt anyway. I wondered what that clunking was.
Many years ago, one of the car magazines did a long term test of the Camaro. The car didn't survive the test. The QC was so bad that the paint had dirt in it. After about nine months, they gave up and returned the car.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I've put about 650 miles on my car so far, 95% city stop and go traffic.

The factory Recaro rear seat had a puncture the size or a ball point pin, they switched the rear seats out for me from another new car.

The bumpers front and rear don't exactly line up 100%, they are really really close.

Most everyone would over look these small things but auto enthusiast and detail oriented people will not.

Then again, if you are that worried about it you could always buy a new M3 and the fit and finish would be a bit better ( I am assuming) or maybe even a GTI.... but I didn't buy the car for fit and finish.

I bought the car because... its new, reliable, fast, fun, good gas mileage, mod-able with good potential, cool, different, quirky and having stuff like my ford touch, voice activated a/c etc. and Nav available is just a bonus to the big picture of the car.

I understand that it isn't going to be 100% perfect and defect free, it is metal and plastic created by humans and machines.

Its a great value and loads of fun with some cool gadgets!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Many years ago, one of the car magazines did a long term test of the Camaro. The car didn't survive the test. The QC was so bad that the paint had dirt in it. After about nine months, they gave up and returned the car.
Ha ha, I remember that issue! I think it was Car & Driver around the late '70s.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Right now I am looking at a sound deadening package....fuel pump noise....RAAM has good products...the only thing that I am concerned about is off gassing from the sound deadening material...most is made from petroleum products..still studying...anyone else trying to deaden noise?

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
When i had the stock suspension, wheels and tires i was actually amazed at how quiet my incabin was. Road noise was minimal.
Are you on different set of tires?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
559 Posts
Stock set up...funny thing I was talking to someone about how they put some sound deadening mats inside a gas tank to deal with a noisy fuel pump...I think it's the fuel pump...and I agree that road noise is minimal...
Edit: After some inquiry, I am going to buy RAAM mats...as far as I can see, off gassing not an issue and if it is good enough for NASA, I feel confident that it's a good product

·
Premium Member
498 Posts
I am seriously considering buying a 2014 fiesta st. My only concern is the long term reliability. I have heard mixed reviews on these cars. Some say they are great others hate them. I just want to know what everyone thinks. I am from the US so I don't know if the build quality in the US is different. Has anyone had any serious problems with it? How many miles does everyone have? Anything I should look out for? I want to make sure that the first new car I buy is going to be a good long lasting fun car.
Issues people bitch about with Fiestas: Automatic Transmission - Great news! Your ST cannot be equipped with one so this is a non-issue.
Harsh Ride - This Is True, but The Handling is Amazing. Rides better with different tires or by loading the car with more weight.
AC/HVAC Complaints - One ST Owner complained about the AC not being cold enough - took to dealer for AC recharge/check. Another Fiesta owner complaint that actually applies to us is that melted ice can re-freeze in the inlet in winter time.

No complaints or issues personally and I have 12k miles on mine.

Tighten the boost clamps (10x 7mm clamps, all easily accessible without disassembling anything while the car is cold - don't do it hot or you will burn yourself.) as a preventive measure and you should be good.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Mine is 10k miles and only issue I've had was ac turning on when wot and hard shift. It went away by itself. Lol everything's been awesome with mine specially fuel economy

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
244 Posts
10K miles My car has been in the shop a great number of times. Gear box had to come out due to leaking slave, Clutch master, and clutch pedal had to be replaced. ABS light and Traction control Light are now on.
I have never had a car with so many issues. The dealer joked it must have been made on a monday or friday. I did not think it was funny

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Maybe you got a lemon

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
They did not make that color only lime..
sorry to hear of more issues with your car ..

·
Registered
773 Posts
10K miles My car has been in the shop a great number of times. Gear box had to come out due to leaking slave, Clutch master, and clutch pedal had to be replaced. ABS light and Traction control Light are now on.
I have never had a car with so many issues. The dealer joked it must have been made on a monday or friday. I did not think it was funny
Juan must have been in a rush to get out of there that night...

Hot date perhaps?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Reactions: space-mike

·
Registered
30 Posts
I haven't had any problems with my Fiesta ST yet. I only have 1000kms on it. Don't sweat the details (rock chips, body lines etc.) This is a car meant to be driven. It's a perfect daily driver, doesn't attract attention at all. I love it!

·
Registered
140 Posts
I don't have the Recaros, which I thought was really expensive at $2,000. I'm more than happy with the stock seats. I'm 6'2" and 225 and have no problems. I like the feeling of having the car wrapped around me. That's why I got the Fiesta and not the Focus.

·
Registered
6 Posts
......"Then again, if you are that worried about it you could always buy a new M3 and the fit and finish would be a bit better ( I am assuming) or maybe even a GTI.... but I didn't buy the car for fit and finish. "

I currently drive a mt Yaris. I'm reading this because i DON'T want the problems associated with a GTI/MINI/Bmw.
I want a more exciting Yaris. CR dings the Fiesta...but it could just be MyFordTouch. I'm also questioning the first 150k miles with Direct Injection. I guess the court's out on that one right now.

41 - 60 of 87 Posts