Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

81 - 87 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought my FiST bran new about 14months ago and have put on about 45k miles. On my way home from work yesterday, about 5miles from my house, the clutch took a shit on me. I have purposely abused the clutch maybe 3 times total, but by no means beat F out it on a regular basis. Before this incident I have not experienced any slipping at all. The clutch always grabbed fine until yesterday, when I turned on my road and once I got to 3rd gear around 4k rpm, the clutch completely failed and i redlined the piss out of my motor. Once pulled over I tried to pull away in 1st and 2nd but to no movement, just grinding gears. The shifter felt normals as i could move freely into every gear. Had toed to the ford dealer which i purchased it from and they said the clutch is not covered with the extended warranty, that i payed for, because it is a "ware item." I argued that the extended warranty covers the drivetrain and told them not to tell me that the clutch in not part of that. To my surprise they actually agreed with me and gave me the corporate number, which i have a case being filed. Oh and i almost forgot that the loaner (Covered by Fords extended warranty) had to be personally scheduled in advance with enterprise, according to the dealer. wtf kind of bs is that

But if anyone can think of why this happened, i would be enlightened.
For the record this is my second manual trans car I've owned, by far the easiest one I've driven, so my footwork with a clutch should not be in question

also if any one has put an upgraded clutch kit on there FiST, i could use some ideas there as well

·
Registered
428 Posts
Five clutches, rattles in the interior, one slave cylinder, a wheel bearing and some chipped paint... and you know what? I wouldn't trade this SOB for anything (under 30K, lol)
You drive your girlfriends car. And you can't drive or don't car about driving properly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have had my 2014 FiST now since 7/2/2014 and I have had absolutely no issues with the car. I now have just under 11k miles on the car.,

Dave

·
Registered
301 Posts
I have 34k miles on the car since May 2014. I had a grinding sound that the dealership replaced my right front rotor. I broke a couple of stock RMMs before I bought the Cobb unit. I was absolutely shifting like a jerk, so I will own up to that fully. I still love this car the same as the day I bought it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I daily drive mine on Michigan roads plus beat it up on track days and it hasn't flinched so far. I bought mine brand new in July of this year.

81 - 87 of 87 Posts