Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what happens if you take a map that was developed at the coast and load it at 5700 ft above sea level? Will the ECU altitude compensator adjust accordingy, or must you adjust the map to compensate.
Same applies if you mapped your car at the coast and drive to altitude. Do you run a risk of running lean because of thinner air?
I know with the MK6 running Uniq+ altitude mapping was a serious issue. With me living in Johannesburg, driving down to the coast, my car becam a total dog because it was mapped for altitude.

Comments please.

· Registered
253 Posts
Assuming there are altitude comp tables, which I would assume there are, they should be adjustable in atr or any other tuning software. Unlikely any canned tune will have them adjusted, you will need to do it yourself or get road tuned to have it done. ATR had them exposed for my sti so likely they are in there, but I have no idea if cobb stuff works with your cars there in Africa. Issue I see is understanding efficency curves of the turbo to not just run a static boost pressure at all altitudes but to achieve the same amount of "turbo work" at all altitudes may be difficult.

· Registered
253 Posts
These are tables from my sti. so 14.7 psi at 0 ft elevation. op stated 5700 which is 11.9. which means target is down close to 10% by 4k and close to 30% by 6k on an sti. Interestingly if you look at the wgdc it appears the stock map tries to account for less dense air with allowing more spool at 5000 rpm and higher up to about 1500 feet and then above 1500 feet it starts taking away which means not only is it chopping boost target but its also going to be short of target as it isnt making a wgdc comp for the less dense air.

. Text Font Technology Electronic device Screenshot

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.