Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Removed spare tire and jack for weight savings. Guessing a good 35-45 lbs was dropped. Anyways, cobb stage 1 power pack should be here monday. Before installing my maps I setup an appointment with my dealer to inspect my boost clamp hoses and tighten them if need be. I don't have any means of getting under the car myself :\.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Removing such things could upset the balance of handling of the car. Most people don't realize that.

tapa tapin

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
It is standard to remove anything not bolted down including your spair tire and jack and anything else in the car for AutoX so if you do any of that you may want to go take it out and drive the car to see if it feels different. I read LEVELS took the rear seatss out as well as the spare tire and saved near 100 lbs .. I wish i could find a legal 100 lbs to take off then nose of the car too.. but they frown on taking off bumpers ...

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
It is standard to remove anything not bolted down including your spair tire and jack and anything else in the car for AutoX so if you do any of that you may want to go take it out and drive the car to see if it feels different. I read LEVELS took the rear seatss out as well as the spare tire and saved near 100 lbs .. I wish i could find a legal 100 lbs to take off then nose of the car too.. but they frown on taking off bumpers ...
Could always relocate the battery to the trunk? It's not 100lbs but I'm sure it would help

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
2,235 Posts

·
Registered
1,150 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Taking 40ish pounds out a noticeable different. Cause I thought every 100lbs is a .10 off the clock?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,235 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
But if you could tell a difference in acceleration or 0-60 I'd be game for removing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
946 Posts
If someone tells you they can feel a difference in acceleration with 30lbs I'd seriously question them lol. A tenth (100#'s) is tough to notice from the seat of your pants.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I would love to dump the spare tire and buy a light weight Braille battery and put it in its place. I have no idea how tough it would be to run the cables though. My Mini Cooper S had no spare and the battery there. If someone does this please post some pictures.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Wouldn't be any more difficult than your run of the mill battery relocation kit I'd think. I've done them on a handful of cars and its not a bad job at all.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
LOL, not noticed for sure. Though my car feels like it has less torque so I'm having the dealer check my boost hoses tomorrow before I load my cobb stage 1 93 map. I don't have jack stands or jacks and it's much easier for the dealer :p. (Owned car for 5 days)

·
Registered
923 Posts
Removing such things could upset the balance of handling of the car. Most people don't realize that.

tapa tapin
Doesn't seem to hurt the handling on my car... hehehe :p

·
Registered
923 Posts
LOL, not noticed for sure. Though my car feels like it has less torque so I'm having the dealer check my boost hoses tomorrow before I load my cobb stage 1 93 map. I don't have jack stands or jacks and it's much easier for the dealer :p. (Owned car for 5 days)
You don't need jacks or stands to tighten the clamps. It's actually very easy.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Carbon bumpers and door skins and hatch. Plexi windows, remove roofliner, lightweight wheels, racing seats (carbon fixed back) and you MIGHT be close....thats scary

·
Registered
142 Posts
Remove the stereo, the sound deadening under the carpet. Install light weight seats, run with min amount of fuel and fluids needed.

Of course all the other stuff to remove would be fun but it would all depend on what class/type of racing you want to do.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts