Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Is anyone having trouble resetting the oil life monitor? My dealership can't seem to figure it out and neither can I. I have tried dong what the owner's manual said regarding pushing in the accelerator and brake but it is not working for me. Ford has no idea how to do it If it helps I changed my oil long before the warning came on and therefore the change oil light has not yet come on.

This car has been a headache for me. So many things have broken on it already:(.

Thanks!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hello,

Is anyone having trouble resetting the oil life monitor? My dealership can't seem to figure it out and neither can I. I have tried dong what the owner's manual said regarding pushing in the accelerator and brake but it is not working for me. Ford has no idea how to do it If it helps I changed my oil long before the warning came on and therefore the change oil light has not yet come on.

This car has been a headache for me. So many things have broken on it already:(.

Thanks!
What else has broken, only thing for me was a plastic piece on the bottom rocker near the tire. I just popped it back in though had to use a lot of force.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Hatchback cover (that covers the cargo area) the clip snapped off. My driver's seat is popping in and out and it KILLS my back. Every dealership I go to has never even had one of these cars on their lots (I live in Iowa... pretty rural around here) and they just don't know how to fix anything on the vehicle. It is extremely frustrating because no one knows what they are doing with this car. It is different enough from a standard Fiesta where if you try to do something that works on a standard Fiesta it just won't work. Ford did a poor job training their techs and service fleet on these cars. The car is sexy to look at... unfortunately, the interior leaves something to be desired... especially considering the fact that it costs as much as a base ESCAPE SUV!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Where in Iowa do you live? I'm in Iowa City and I'm currently a Ford tech at the Deery Brothers Ford Lincoln. I had to reset an oil light on a base Fiesta with an auto trans yesterday. You hold the brake and the accelerator (accel to the floor) and turn the key into the "ON" position and hold the brake and accel for roughly 10-15 seconds. However I'm not sure it's the same for the ST since it's a push button start. I haven't got to my first oil change yet so I haven't tired it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
FROM PAGE 183 THE OWNERS MANUAL:

Resetting the Oil Life Monitoring System

Note:
Reset the oil life monitoring only after an oil change.

1. Turn the ignition key to the on position.

Do not start the engine. For vehicles

with push-button start, press and hold
the start button for two seconds
without pressing the brake pedal. Do
not attempt to start the engine.

2. Press both the accelerator and brake
pedals at the same time.

3. Keep both pedals fully pressed.

4. After three seconds, the Service: Oil
reset in prog. message will be
displayed.

5. After 25 seconds, the Service: Oil reset

complete message will be displayed.

6. Release both the accelerator and brake

pedals.

7. The Service: Oil reset complete
message will no longer be displayed.

8. Rotate the key to the off position. For

vehicles with push-button start, press
the start button to turn the vehicle off
completely.

Reactions: LVracerGT

·
Registered
22 Posts
The Hatchback cover (that covers the cargo area) the clip snapped off. My driver's seat is popping in and out and it KILLS my back. Every dealership I go to has never even had one of these cars on their lots (I live in Iowa... pretty rural around here) and they just don't know how to fix anything on the vehicle. It is extremely frustrating because no one knows what they are doing with this car. It is different enough from a standard Fiesta where if you try to do something that works on a standard Fiesta it just won't work. Ford did a poor job training their techs and service fleet on these cars. The car is sexy to look at... unfortunately, the interior leaves something to be desired... especially considering the fact that it costs as much as a base ESCAPE SUV!

Call Ford Customer relations at 1-800-565-3673 (FORD). They are very proactive in solving your problems.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts