Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Is anyone running just a resonator delete and a high flow muffler with the stock sized exhaust pipe? And do you have a sound clip of it?

im just looking for alittle more sound without dumping $600-$800 into an exhaust right now. Rather put that money towards a Cobb and an intake

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Well I watched the video of a foST with the resonator delete but with a stock muffler and I liked the sound of it but I want alittle more noise than that. It was still alittle to quiet. I wasn't a fan of the other one with a resonator and muffler delete. Just want something cost effective until after the Cobb and intake

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Well I watched the video of a foST with the resonator delete but with a stock muffler and I liked the sound of it but I want alittle more noise than that. It was still alittle to quiet. I wasn't a fan of the other one with a resonator and muffler delete. Just want something cost effective until after the Cobb and intake
The difference in sound between the FoST and the FiST is going to be pretty substantial. The fiesta is a good bit raspier.

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very true, that's why I was hoping to hear a sound clip of someone who had done it. I might just opt to make a custom 2.5" exhaust bc I can do it/have it done for over half of what these companies are charging. Won't be "mandrel" bent but should get a nicer sound and better flow over the stock exhaust.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Collin1337 do you have a res? Or a sound clip of yours?

Im im not too concerned with a drone. Not trying to be rude I see where your coming from but I just sold a 1997 powerstroke that was straight piped with 5" exhaust tubing to dual 7" stacks. So I'm sure the drone I'd get without a res would be nowhere near the drone of that truck. I got this for a fun college car that got good fuel mileage. That's why I'm looking for sound clips of alittle cheaper way to get an exhaust note that's louder but not crappy sounding.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I'm trying to find something along the same lines. I was thinking about leaving the resonator in and getting rid of the muffler but the two youtube clips I've heard have very different sounds. Might just have it custom done 2.5" with an aftermarket resonator and a Magnaflow muffler.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I guarantee you will get massive drone on low rpm highway speeds without a res.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
Not true, I have no res, no drones.

·
Registered
230 Posts
The fswerks exhaust has no resonator but no drone. Granted they probably made sure to develop it without drone but just some food for thought. OP i'm considering a res delete this or next weekend.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Need a video for this

·
Registered
340 Posts
trust me it just sounds better, it was too loud for me under acceleration from 3k up. i dont think a video sound will do it justice. i think a 2 1/4 exhaut with a short resonator and a nice flow throuh muffler would be the best. im not looking for a loud waaaaaaaaa sound just and improvement over stock. i would love to hear the ford racing system.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I removed my res on my stock exhaust no drone. And now I don't have any drone on my 3in borla no res. I think it depends on vehicle tho too. Cause my gto had major drone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
169 Posts
Dead honestly I wouldn't waste the 40 bucks I wasted to have it cut out. I didn't notice any difference. I think the best sounding thing I done so far was when I had my cpe catless dp on the stock exhaust. That was prolly best sounding and not to loud. Now I have my 3in borla which gets up there.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
I removed my res on my stock exhaust no drone. And now I don't have any drone on my 3in borla no res. I think it depends on vehicle tho too. Cause my gto had major drone

So your telling me at 60-80mph if you accelerate you experience no drone?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
253 Posts
Dead honestly I wouldn't waste the 40 bucks I wasted to have it cut out. I didn't notice any difference. I think the best sounding thing I done so far was when I had my cpe catless dp on the stock exhaust. That was prolly best sounding and not to loud. Now I have my 3in borla which gets up there.

I have to agree with this. In my experience turbo cars will generally sound the best without being loud or droning by removing cats and keeping mufflers in place. Specifically if they have a tuned exhaust note from the factory. Besides the positive exhaust benifits you free up some spool and boost with a tune.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts