Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay. My only seat time in a FiST was at the EcoBoost Challenge. So, I was way more concerned with romping down on the throttle and keeping it in between the cones than evaluating the ride as it might translate to daily use. I suspect that a lot of the ride quality is going to be dictated by the super low profile tires, and that the Goodyears may be rougher than say Contis or Michelins might be. But, (and I did search), what can the collective share about the ride on a day-to-day basis, on surface streets, on the slab, and on secondary/twisty roads? Thx!

Oh, if anyone has come to the FiST from a regular Fiesta hatch, I'd be particularly interested in your opinion.

·
Registered
120 Posts
the FiST is very choppy with the stock wheels and tires. all you gotta do is go down to 16" and the ride gets very reasonable.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the FiST is very choppy with the stock wheels and tires. all you gotta do is go down to 16" and the ride gets very reasonable.
Yeah, I 'spect that'd work. The swap wouldn't be cheap, but the 16s (tires) would be less than 17s.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I dont feel its that bad myself. Its quite firm but its the type of firm that comes with the territory and is more than reasonable for a hot hatch. It may get tiring if its your every day driver like it will be mine but thats when you go smaller wheels and bigger tyres or get something aimed more at daily driving.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
There is lots of rebound in the car on frost heaved (AKA choppy/roller type) roads here in the north and the short wheel base compared to some car as well as the lo pro side walls exaggerates this feature. Now i am running 195/55/15 winter tires and still get the choppy ride on some roads but it is the road not the car as our Honda fit does the same thing at the same place in the road where as our 4 door 4x4 rides like a tour bus over the same patch of road. My guess is the longer wheel base as i have 10 ply ties and stiff spring for trailer towing in the truck.. But the other features of the FiST far outweigh any bumpy ride i may encounter from time to time ...

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've been testing a Fiesta ST and the ride is what it is. I don't find it objectionable. Maybe it's because my regular ride is a truck with a tow package that makes it stiffer. The Fiesta feels like it's on rails and very connected to the road. I like it.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wish I was able to test one. AFAIK, there's not an ST within 70 miles of me. The closest dealer (at least the closest that can be bothered to respond to inquiry) wants me to order one...on spec. Buh-huh.

·
Registered
26 Posts
That is weird, maybe my MS3s ride quality rubbed off on me. I think it rides great, and the OEM Bridgestone Potenza's seem good and quiet.

Maybe that is just me.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That is weird, maybe my MS3s ride quality rubbed off on me. I think it rides great, and the OEM Bridgestone Potenza's seem good and quiet.
Where'd you get OE Bridgestones? I thought the OE tires (at least here) were Goodyears.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts

Maybe that is just me.
Hmm pheonix Arizon huh... Your roads are probably as smooth as a babys butt. Im sure there areas that are bad but not like where i live, 90% of the the city streets are bad. Im gonna make a Vid soon of the type of harsh terrain i drive on goin to work everyday. No FiST fun thats for sure.

·
Registered
127 Posts
The Bridgestones are loud - summer tires in my experience are generally louder. Comes down to what you want to use the car for. It's choppy and loud on rough road. If I'm on a smooth stretch of newer pavement, it's nearly as quiet as my last car, a Passat wagon. If you have a long drive on a daily basis, I can see the loud/choppy getting old. I will probably be shelling out for some 16"s and all-seasons shortly as this is my daily driver. My one complaint about the car is that Ford doesn't offer all-seasons as an option. Performance summer tires are questionable for the rainy Pacific NW.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I agree the ride can be loud/choppy on rough roads at low speed, but the faster you go the better it gets. The fantastic Recaro seats help a lot too.

I will say though that my last two cars for a total of six and a half years were a Citroen C1 and Peugeot 107............anything rides better than them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts