Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It looks like Ford Racing makes a Right angle oil filter adapter. If this is put in our car it will allow the oil flter to hang vertically, this will allow us to fill it with oil when we do an oil change. It also looks like it will not hang lower than the motor. It could be a smart part to put in the Fiesta, it will also make doing the filter change easyer. Thoughts?
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/fms-m-6880-a50

·
Registered
545 Posts
Seems like a lot of money for something that gets me very little benefit, to be honest. Others might find it worthwhile but I'm content just filling the filter 1/4 full, rolling the oil around in there, and mounting it up. The only oil change that gave me a hard time was the first one since it was screwed on so tight, but honestly after that I just hand tightened the new one very snug and should be easy to remove.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like the idea of it, Not only would it be easier to take the filter off but you could use a slightly larger filter. I would love to get the oil volume up to 4.5. It would just make things easier to fill it with the correct amount of oil.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
I like the idea of it, Not only would it be easier to take the filter off but you could use a slightly larger filter. I would love to get the oil volume up to 4.5. It would just make things easier to fill it with the correct amount of oil.
Just be careful if you put a longer filter on with this. If it hangs below the engine, and you hit a bump or pothole too hard, goodbye oil pressure.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i do not think there will be an issue with a bump or pothole, it would hit the oil pan long before the filter (even with a slightly bigger one).

·
Registered
170 Posts
Per the link to Summit that adapter only works on some older engines and the newest I4 application shown is 1997...
I don't see fiesta listed as a compatible application on there either.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts