Reactions: aar0nsky

·
Registered
170 Posts
Great place to get cheap parts.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I guess cheap is ok for a ten year old car. But, I think most Ford parts stores will cut a good deal on O.E. replacements that are sure to fit. an example would be the oil drain plug gasket given as an example. Ford does not service a gasket for that part as it's integrated into the drain plug. If a buyer wants to save money they should go to the parts department and get prices on cases of oil and air filters, 4 or 5 drain plugs and a case of cabin air filters! It is generally alot cheaper and can be rolled into the loan if the buyer plans ahead. Besides, if you wouldnt feed you dog a china made dog biscuit,why in the hell would buy your fiesta a china made tie rod end!

·
Registered
301 Posts
I don't get the gasket thing. I've been changing my own oil in all my cars for almost 20 years and not once have I replaced one of those crush washers. I've also never had any leakage.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I guess cheap is ok for a ten year old car. But, I think most Ford parts stores will cut a good deal on O.E. replacements that are sure to fit. an example would be the oil drain plug gasket given as an example. Ford does not service a gasket for that part as it's integrated into the drain plug. If a buyer wants to save money they should go to the parts department and get prices on cases of oil and air filters, 4 or 5 drain plugs and a case of cabin air filters! It is generally alot cheaper and can be rolled into the loan if the buyer plans ahead. Besides, if you wouldnt feed you dog a china made dog biscuit,why in the hell would buy your fiesta a china made tie rod end!
Ford outsources all of its parts to subtier vendors. Most of the time these are domestic suppliers. Other times they are not. All must meet specification requirements. Every part I've purchased from Rockauto, I've known who the supplier is. When I purchased a PCV hose for my Fiesta oil catch can, it was OEM, at half the cost from Ford.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I like rockauto cause you can get oem motorcraft parts from them at half the price as the dealership.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I have used rockauto parts for years. Never had any issues. Never had any differences from OEM(if specified). I highly doubt china is out of the question on some of the parts on our cars especially electronics. Also, the usb extension from the head unit to the center console made me LOL.

Prime example: The usb extension cable going from the head unit to the center console(without the special connectors they have which seems to be just a union of sorts), fordparts.com says its 36 dollars(without shipping). It is a 50 cent cable and they are all made in china.

·
Registered
634 Posts
I don't get the gasket thing. I've been changing my own oil in all my cars for almost 20 years and not once have I replaced one of those crush washers. I've also never had any leakage.
Neither have I, At work i always use them, but i only do that for the one car that MIGHT leak.

I have used rockauto parts for years. Never had any issues. Never had any differences from OEM(if specified). I highly doubt china is out of the question on some of the parts on our cars especially electronics. Also, the usb extension from the head unit to the center console made me LOL.

Prime example: The usb extension cable going from the head unit to the center console(without the special connectors they have which seems to be just a union of sorts), fordparts.com says its 36 dollars(without shipping). It is a 50 cent cable and they are all made in china.

To be truthful to everyone in this thread, most parts you buy that are OEM/OEA are the same part just rebranded. I know for a fact that most suspension parts for OEM's are MOOG.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts