Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any other Colorado owners know any good mountain drives to take the car once spring finally comes?

·
Registered
428 Posts
I'm asking the same question myself. I've only live in co 9 months. I just go to boulder and drive up and down any mountain road easily found on my iphone haha. Usually flagstaff road right next to the flatirons but it's more if a scenic drive than spirited/fast driving.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Something that might help: a map or Google Earth. Just look for some mountainous areas and look for roads that are twisty and have decent elevation changes.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Something that might help: a map or Google Earth. Just look for some mountainous areas and look for roads that are twisty and have decent elevation changes.
This is correct. I know of many personal favorite routes, but the origin and destination are important inputs. Are you willing to drive an hour or more to get to a fantastic road with nothing else, or do you feel like you need to actually be going somewhere to feel like the trip is worthwhile?

As a welcome to Colorado, I'll give you a clue for a great driving road that's situated between Colo Spgs and Denver. Go to google maps and search for Deckers, CO. Just about every sport bike, Harley rider and sports car enthusiast knows about this route, and it seems that the State Patrol knows that they all know about it too. It is one of the finest driving roads you'll find within a quick drive from the Front Range.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts